Chicago auto show

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I don't go every year, it'll be a couple years for this year. We'll be going on a weekday, so it shouldn't be bad

I remember about 4-5 years ago, my wife and I decided to take a day off and go to the show during the week. It was madness, just as bad as it is on the weekends. There are thousands upon thousands of people that go. It's just too much of a clusterfuck and I feel us car guys, cannot even get close to the cars we like because people that know shit about cars and just think they are "cool" are on top of them or kids are jumping all over the interiors.

I hope when you go, you and your SO enjoy it and it isn't too crowded.

If you can, get some good pictures and post them up.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Last year I took my girlfriend to the charity night on the Friday before the show opened to the public. It was a bit expensive, but we had an awesome time. The crowds are small and you really get a chance to check out any vehicle your interested in. Plus the complimentary alcohol and food makes for a nice time.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I remember about 4-5 years ago, my wife and I decided to take a day off and go to the show during the week. It was madness, just as bad as it is on the weekends. There are thousands upon thousands of people that go. It's just too much of a clusterfuck and I feel us car guys, cannot even get close to the cars we like because people that know shit about cars and just think they are "cool" are on top of them or kids are jumping all over the interiors.

I hope when you go, you and your SO enjoy it and it isn't too crowded.

If you can, get some good pictures and post them up.

Go on a Wednesday right when it opens at 10am it's wide open cause I would walk the whole show when I used to work the auto show back in the day.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Even with free tickets, I refuse to go to the auto show. So many god damn people that act like tards and bump into you and crowd the fuck out of Mcormick place.

Try the first look for charity. Small crowd, many more cars are opened to sit in...and its open bar! Pricey, but fun.

Also, I've gone on a Friday night about 90 minutes before close and it wasn't bad.

Also, its really easy to apply for a media pass and go on media day. Just have to say you're a blogger. I agree with you, I cannot go when its packed...its miserable.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Works every year...

af76c269192956945ad3cbc358aa3eae.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info