Focus RS vs Golf R vs Audi S3

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, what I take away from this is that the DSG is one hell of an equalizer.

The RS was constantly pulling ahead, but lost ground with each shift that it had to make up.

Also, the Launch Control on the RS is violent (I know this, I've used it once or twice)

I was entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGI6JpcWRo

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So, what I take away from this is that the DSG is one hell of an equalizer.

The RS was constantly pulling ahead, but lost ground with each shift that it had to make up.

Also, the Launch Control on the RS is violent (I know this, I've used it once or twice)

I was entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGI6JpcWRo

The launch control is very violent. I was surprised when I tried it . Very violent. Can you believe my car only still has less then 100 miles. HA. FCk YOU IL.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The launch control is very violent. I was surprised when I tried it . Very violent. Can you believe my car only still has less then 100 miles. HA. FCk YOU IL.

In every video I've ever seen among normally powered cars, the RS rockets through 1st gear.

id be driving the hell out of that thing. i couldnt justify the payment and not drive it.

AWD cmon rains snow or shine
9600 miles or so currently.

so these are tuned cars racing each other? I didnt catch the tune/mods on the S3.... What do these cars do when compared to each other in stock form?
Every car in that video has a tune.

RS = Tune+ 93 octane tune. Its a artificially torque limited tune as Adam restricts all of his tunes to about 380WTQ. For fear of bending/breaking a rod. Unrestricted tunes will let the car put down closer to 440-450wtq. Stock clutch seems to die around 480wtq.

Golf R was listed as APR tune + DST tune + CAI.

Audi was listed as "Tune" but no idea who it was from. Might be APR, might be something else.

With all the existing bolt-ons (CAI, DP, E30 Tune) the RS seems to top out around low 12's @ 115mph or so. With the fastest cars doing high 11's @ 118mph.

A few shops have gotten the car up to 450-460whp on the stock turbo, but i don't think any of those cars have hit the track yet as they start having clutch issues, or the Rear Drive Unit starts to freak out. Transmission holds up stout though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info