Oh Good. Uber Is Bringing Their Self-Driving Cars To Arizona

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp. Nice knowing yall. Like I don't already have to deal with enough brainless idiots behind the wheel out here that just THINK they drive autonomous cars that require no effort or attention from them. Thanks Cali.

Refusing to Hit Brakes, Uber Moves Its Self-Driving Cab Program to Arizona

The day after the California DMV revoked Uber’s registration for its 16-car self-driving pilot program, the ride-hailing giant announced it’s packing up and moving to Arizona to start-up a near-identical program.

The rub with California’s DMV began when Uber refused to apply for an autonomous driving permit for its pilot fleet because the company felt that its new line of cars didn’t fit the state’s official definition of a fully autonomous car. (All of Uber’s cars had humans present and ready to take over at all times.) The Verge implied the company’s resistance may have been because permit-holders must publicly disclose all traffic accidents, though Uber’s representatives have assured the press that this wasn’t the case.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im pretty well south of most of them. But that doesnt mean I still dont have my share of human wastes of flesh to deal with. On weekends I wont even go south towards the 10 unless i absolutely have to. Traffic is just out of control compared to what it used to be 5-10 years ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• IDAFC21
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list