2018 Mustang options leaked

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
This is why I have been waiting. Im always going to be a mustang guy at heart, and I was hoping they finally caught up with the times.

The 2018 Mustang is just around the corner and some rumored and speculative new features are beginning to take shape as we get our first dealership insight into new options, packages, colors and big changes we can expect for the S550 mid-cycle refresh.

The most significant change is the potential removal of the V6 model from the Mustang lineup, as the body type codes for the V6 come up as invalid in the dealer system. Although the timing of this change may come as a surprise, it’s clear this has been years in the making with Ford having quietly laid the groundwork for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost to replace the 3.7-liter V6 model which has received noticeably few upgrades, options and packages in recent years.

Two expected changes that we’ve reported on extensively are given further credence — a dual exhaust option and 10-speed automatic which now appears in the options list, the first of which almost assuredly refers to the quad tip active exhaust system we’ve seen on some recent 2018 Mustang prototypes.

In a welcomed surprise, Ford also appears to be offering the option for MagneRide dampers on both the EcoBoost and Mustang GT which will bring it closer to the handling characteristics of the Shelby GT350.

Interestingly, the options list includes a “Performance Package 2” in addition to the usual GT Performance Package. This package suggests that Ford will offer a more track-focused package for the Mustang GT to more directly compete with the Chevrolet Camaro 1LE package.

Of note, the Shelby body code (P8J) shows up for the 2018 model year, in line with previous reports that the Shelby GT350 will continue for at least another year.

New colors Orange Fury and Royal Crimson will be offered for the first time on a Mustang, with the former also being offered on the 2018 Shelby GT350 along with the Shelby-exclusive “Lead Foot Gray” exterior paint. Kona Blue will also be making a return, but Grabber Blue fans will be sad to learn the color which was introduced just last year will not be available for the 2018 Mustang.

Check out a preview of the 2018 Mustang options and colors list in the forums.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
This is why I have been waiting. Im always going to be a mustang guy at heart, and I was hoping they finally caught up with the times.

If you keep waiting, you'll never pull the trigger. GM and Ford are in a pony car war and every year they are adding more features, power, drive train updates, etc.

Chrysler is the company that needs to "catch" up. They are far away in third.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If you keep waiting, you'll never pull the trigger. GM and Ford are in a pony car war and every year they are adding more features, power, drive train updates, etc.

Chrysler is the company that needs to "catch" up. They are far away in third.

I agree about pulling the trigger. But I really wanted another mustang but couldnt justify spending the money on the old auto no matter how good it can be with tuning. The 8/10 speeds that are out now are the way to go. I saw a video of the raptor ripping through its 10 speed gears, and its like a DCT and thats a truck. Imagine how nice its going to be in the mustang. And then getting the dual mode exhaust. That was way over due. Both Dodge and Chevy have almost made aftermarket systems obsolete with how good they sound oem.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I agree about pulling the trigger. But I really wanted another mustang but couldnt justify spending the money on the old auto no matter how good it can be with tuning. The 8/10 speeds that are out now are the way to go. I saw a video of the raptor ripping through its 10 speed gears, and its like a DCT and thats a truck. Imagine how nice its going to be in the mustang. And then getting the dual mode exhaust. That was way over due. Both Dodge and Chevy have almost made aftermarket systems obsolete with how good they sound oem.

Both Chevy and Chrysler have old engines compared to Ford, so it's give or take:bigthumb:

The problem is that technology changes so quickly that if you keep waiting, you be waiting forever because there's so many changes occurring.

I will give you that Ford across the board is lacking about 2-3 gears compared to the competition.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Few things here.

[MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] is going to lose his mind ohhh shit now dem coyotes will have that valve train wizardry AND 10 speeds! :noes: what will them poor GM guys do? :s00ls:

2nd i dont know if id really say chrysler is lacking behind. they are winning the hp war and they had 8 speed autos in their cars before GM and Ford. Only problem is well they are fucking heavy.

last ohhhhh hells yes id be fapping all day to a 10 speed auto GT350! iirc wasnt there rumors that the GT350 was supposed to be getting a DCT auto?

:rofl: 4 cams and 10 speeds ohh noes all the technology for the mustangs lol.

I sure hope they make the performance packs standard along with the mag ride and the 10 speed trans too. I think it will eventually happen maybe as a Mach 1? :dunno:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
2nd i dont know if id really say chrysler is lacking behind. they are winning the hp war and they had 8 speed autos in their cars before GM and Ford. Only problem is well they are fuc

Ford fanboy alert.

The Challenger is too heavy, handles poorly, has a cheap interior, and really dated chassis.

GM and Ford have built well rounded cars that check all of the boxes. It's pretty amazing to see these pony cars handling Porsches and BMW M cars for example.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Ford fanboy alert.

The Challenger is too heavy, handles poorly, has a cheap interior, and really dated chassis.

GM and Ford have built well rounded cars that check all of the boxes. It's pretty amazing to see these pony cars handling Porsches and BMW M cars for example.

settle i was just saying they have a good trans and over 700hp but yes i agree the chassis is old and heavy.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I recently had a 2016 ford ecoboost convertible for about a week.
They need to upgrade the interior. it looks so auotzone white trash with so many plastic chrome toggles and just crap. I could forgive most of it if they were honest: The plasty rubber dash with MOLDED stitched to make it look like leather? Man, why bother. PLasticy looking fake aluminum dash pieces? Jeez, just give me some high tech looking fun stuff instead of pretending you are "premium"

other than that I had the mustang in TN so I had plenty of twistys that it took very well, and the little turbo 4 sure felt like a six. The fake engine noise on the car speakers was trashy as hell too.
Its such a cool car, or is almost such a cool car. It just frustrates me on some of the design choices. It was like the interior team had pictures of high end interiors and were told to "make it look like a luxury F1 race car old car moden car interior but don't spend any money on it".

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Im happy with the current car. But the build quality issues are bad. There are pages and pages of people with body panel alignment issues and paint issues. I personally saw several issues on dealer lot mustangs when I was tire kicking them a few months ago. Panel corners touching eachother, with paint already rubbed off. I would lose my mind if my new car had those types of issues.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Im happy with the current car. But the build quality issues are bad. There are pages and pages of people with body panel alignment issues and paint issues. I personally saw several issues on dealer lot mustangs when I was tire kicking them a few months ago. Panel corners touching eachother, with paint already rubbed off. I would lose my mind if my new car had those types of issues.

just inspect the vehicle before you sign it. my 2016 has zero body or alignment issues i can complain about.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I recently had a 2016 ford ecoboost convertible for about a week.
They need to upgrade the interior. it looks so auotzone white trash with so many plastic chrome toggles and just crap. I could forgive most of it if they were honest: The plasty rubber dash with MOLDED stitched to make it look like leather? Man, why bother. PLasticy looking fake aluminum dash pieces? Jeez, just give me some high tech looking fun stuff instead of pretending you are "premium"

It was like the interior team had pictures of high end interiors and were told to "make it look like a luxury F1 race car old car moden car interior but don't spend any money on it".

The 2011 & 2015 redesigns were a big bump in their interiors. You would HATE the earlier cars. lol

I would lose my mind if my new car had those types of issues.

Inspect the car. If it has issues you are not ok with, or the repairs offered, then walk away from the car. I looked over my car really well when Gomez got it. I have no issues to speak of. Panel gap, chipped paint and so on. I have a feeling the amount of cars with those issues are small. And hopefully getting smaller.

Shelbys need the stripe to set them apart from regular mustangs.

The GT350 body panels set it apart. Most collector cars do better when they are factory stripe delete cars. Because the delete has a small production number going for it.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
The 2011 & 2015 redesigns were a big bump in their interiors. You would HATE the earlier cars. lol

Inspect the car. If it has issues you are not ok with, or the repairs offered, then walk away from the car. I looked over my car really well when Gomez got it. I have no issues to speak of. Panel gap, chipped paint and so on. I have a feeling the amount of cars with those issues are small. And hopefully getting smaller.

The GT350 body panels set it apart. Most collector cars do better when they are factory stripe delete cars. Because the delete has a small production number going for it.
Agreed on all points.

I don't DD a Benz so my Mustang interior actually seems really nice to me. Most people seem to like the interiors on the new Mustangs:dunno:

The body panel issue is EXTREMELY blown out of proportion. My car is perfect from everything that I've seen and I have yet to walk past an S550 and see something that caught my eyes as bad panel alignment.

Stripes are ghey!
Stripe delete looks too similar to [MENTION=6298]Jeffs FRC[/MENTION]'s POS

:io:

Wut

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info