It's cold , check your tire psi

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Good lord. Finally got the out of balance tires swapped on the Cummins and the air pressures were all different. Went back and had them "fix" it.

By the time i drove 5mi home the front tire TPMS were reading 86psi in the fronts! Needless to say, they filled the fronts when it was dead cold outside.

So i went out last night and dropped them to 70psi cold. Drove this morning, and they got up to 76psi in less than 10mi.

Crazy how far the pressure can change with just a little heat when its this cold.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Good lord. Finally got the out of balance tires swapped on the Cummins and the air pressures were all different. Went back and had them "fix" it.

By the time i drove 5mi home the front tire TPMS were reading 86psi in the fronts! Needless to say, they filled the fronts when it was dead cold outside.

So i went out last night and dropped them to 70psi cold. Drove this morning, and they got up to 76psi in less than 10mi.

Crazy how far the pressure can change with just a little heat when its this cold.

burnout vids?

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare

d748d4018cb471d357409c9306477a336645cce5cfa2bf861895546983b07703.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I got tires installed last Friday at DT. There were at least a dozen cars waiting for an air check.

People are so lazy. They told me they have a local cop come through at least once a week. Tire obviously needs repair or replacement and he could go to the city repair shop to get air, but instead he sits in the DT line and has them fill it.

Our tax dollars hard at work.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
You should check it anyway. DT underfilled my new tires because their computer was wrong and they can't read the sticker in the door jamb.

And they can't balance for shit either, I need to go back for a rebalance already.
The swapped winter wheels on, apparently flipped one because it was on backwards. Two days later TMPS light for low pressure, looked at them and they were all lower than they should be hot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info