Watson ported Voodoo heads good for 100hp!

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm all for the new tech stuff but honestly I think things are going to boil down to one of two options. Super charger or turbo. For the price you can't beat boost especially when these platforms support it so well on stock components and making sick power without sacrificing drivability.

100% agree....Plus additional power is always more boost and a tune away.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
5-600 NA motors have existed for like, quite some time...

doing it reliably, efficiently and having good street manners is the other part.

you dont say......

obviously. having a 5-600hp ls would be alot different than a 5-600hp na 5.0 though too.

funny how these always turn into "back in my day an LS or 350 could do this" :rofl:

yes, yes we all know. 5-600 from less liters and in a rev happy engine is alot different type of build.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
you dont say......

obviously. having a 5-600hp ls would be alot different than a 5-600hp na 5.0 though too.

funny how these always turn into "back in my day an LS or 350 could do this" :rofl:

yes, yes we all know. 5-600 from less liters and in a rev happy engine is alot different type of build.

you're the one who keeps saying 5-600 hp NA motors impress you... :rofl:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
you dont say......

Yea but Coyotes need "valve wizardy" to get it done. Take away 3 cams and VCT and then what are you left with?

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Hp per liter is impressive to me but yah these days you can slap a turbo on and make tons of power, it's the new thing everybody's doing it... My 5.0 makes just over 600 n/a and I could put bigger heads and a bigger cam and make 750-800hp. I will someday hopefully soon build a 1300hp N/A BBF... The valves will be the size of redbull cans and a 1" camshaft...:fy:

If you had a mild supercharged set up vs. N/A making the same power level the N/a would walk the blower combo every time. :io:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Hp per liter is impressive to me but yah these days you can slap a turbo on and make tons of power, it's the new thing everybody's doing it... My 5.0 makes just over 600 n/a and I could put bigger heads and a bigger cam and make 750-800hp. I will someday hopefully soon build a 1300hp N/A BBF... The valves will be the size of redbull cans and a 1" camshaft...:fy:

If you had a mild supercharged set up vs. N/A making the same power level the N/a would walk the blower combo every time. :io:

HP per liters yes.

And arent you over 5.0 isnt yours stroked or what for cubes?

this never was about the cost vs hp of course its cheaper to boost it.

The power density is whats cool to me.

Say 600 hp for mathmatical purpose here. Thats 120hp per liter.

How many other engines make 120hp per liter WITHOUT some form of boost? Only one i can think of off the top of my head thats close is the honda s2000 engine.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
HP per liters yes.

And arent you over 5.0 isnt yours stroked or what for cubes?

this never was about the cost vs hp of course its cheaper to boost it.

The power density is whats cool to me.

Say 600 hp for mathmatical purpose here. Thats 120hp per liter.

How many other engines make 120hp per liter WITHOUT some form of boost? Only one i can think of off the top of my head thats close is the honda s2000 engine.

Mine is pumpgas and stroked to a 6.0 it's a 347 stroker assembly with a big bore 4.125. Heads are small cnc ported AFR 205's.

It'd be cool for shits a giggles to see a set of the new trickflow high port 250cc or some SC1's or Victor Gliddens all ported to hell would do on a stock 302ci and see what it'd do like they did years back with John Kaase P38 heads which made 500hp on a 302ci.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info