YouTube F#cking Youtube money - 16 yr youtuber Tanner Fox getting his 2nd GT-R.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Man I'm so sick of these youtube hipsters getting rich off of posting vlogs and stupid shit. I hope youtube cuts their monetization off at some point when they realize they are making people millionaires for nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrYJy0-foO4

And another douche buying a lambo with youtube money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v66zELgLK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jRrSfrW_XU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL7zSVjUqNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf3j2cg0UlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8227O50Lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNDuiWlK50

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I don't see a problem

You dont see a problem with someone using youtube as a job, and sole source of income? I see google getting greedy at some point, and limiting or cutting the money from ads down the road.

This "career" as a youtuber is going to end at some point. Quitting your real job to live hood rich for a few months or years is silly. Its not if, but when this will all come crashing down.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I run ad block plus. So they are not getting their duckets from my views. What you do is your problem.

YOU ARE LINKING THEIR VIDEOS FOR OTHERS TO WATCH. That is far more impactful than your one view on each. Don't you get it? The attention you are giving them is exactly how they make their money. My god the Irony is flowing in this thread.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I feel sorry for the people who watch this crap, and make those nobodies money for doing nothing. That's the internet for you though.

It's like that fucking 6 minute ad from that androgynous, glasses wearing fuck that starts every video with his nasally "so uh... i bought ANOTHER lamborghiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" that thankfully you can skip after 5 fucking seconds.

I've been slowly trying to use Vimeo or Streamable for video uploads. Youtube has been shit since Google.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
YOU ARE LINKING THEIR VIDEOS FOR OTHERS TO WATCH. That is far more impactful than your one view on each. Don't you get it? The attention you are giving them is exactly how they make their money. My god the Irony is flowing in this thread.

No it's not. I wasn't talking about shitty click bait filled videos or channel views. I simply said I wish YouTube would stop making people millionaires. I understand how it all works. How the revenue service works. And some of their videos are great. But making $200k a month for it? Come on.

If you think me complaining out that is ironic, then so be it. But I still watch The videos. But I make sure By running a browser ad blocker that I'm not contributing to the embedded problem I'm complaining about.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I'd love to be rolling dough like that l, just to pay off bills. Kudos to them, but personally I hate the vlogs. The girlfriend is obsessed with a couple people's vlogs that are just rolling in dough. I don't see what it does for anybody who subtly watches someone else brag about their life just so they get rich and you stay poor.

Just my .02, call me jealous I guess because I try to earn my money the hard way...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
You dont see a problem with someone using youtube as a job, and sole source of income? I see google getting greedy at some point, and limiting or cutting the money from ads down the road.

This "career" as a youtuber is going to end at some point. Quitting your real job to live hood rich for a few months or years is silly. Its not if, but when this will all come crashing down.
More about the fact that they're making a ton of money this way. How and what they do with it isn't up to myself or you to police. They'll learn one way or another.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I'm lol'ing at the butthurt and jealousy of someone making money a different way than you are and being successful at it. As if these people don't invest their time and efforts into the content and production of the videos. The value of what they do doesnt translate directly to an effect on you, beyond the 5-20min of entertainment. They're attracting millions of people to watch their videos which are a VERY targeted demographic and google can sell ad space for a ton of money to get the right people in front of a target audience for their advertisers.

Youtube/google "letting" them make too much money when they could be greedy and snatch all the revenue except an even smaller portion than they already get.

So, you've got a sales job and you're the top dawg. You're knocking down ten million in sales every month and working for a 100% commission salary making 2% of sales. You're banking $200k a month and living high on the hog buying stupid shit. One day, Mr.Chinscrote the CEO of your company, sees some report and your salary is at the top of the page. "HOLY FUCK, THIS GUY IS WAY OVERPAID! I COULD PAY SOMEONE 10% OF WHAT THIS GUY MAKES TO DO THE SAME GOD DAMN JOB!" He cuts your salary so a multi billion dollar company can make another 180k a month, you quit and he hires a new guy now making .2% commission on sales. He pitches the guy and says he'll be clearing $20k a month in pay if he can perform as well as you did. $240k salary sounds pretty damn good, right!? Three months goes by and this guy isn't half the salesman you were. The company is pulling in a million dollars in sales and the new guy is banking a whopping $2k/month. He's going to tell Mr.Chinscrote to fuck his hat and find someone else to work for .2% commission. So tell me who loses here?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm lol'ing at the butthurt and jealousy of someone making money a different way than you are and being successful at it. As if these people don't invest their time and efforts into the content and production of the videos. The value of what they do doesnt translate directly to an effect on you, beyond the 5-20min of entertainment. They're attracting millions of people to watch their videos which are a VERY targeted demographic and google can sell ad space for a ton of money to get the right people in front of a target audience for their advertisers.

Youtube/google "letting" them make too much money when they could be greedy and snatch all the revenue except an even smaller portion than they already get.

So, you've got a sales job and you're the top dawg. You're knocking down ten million in sales every month and working for a 100% commission salary making 2% of sales. You're banking $200k a month and living high on the hog buying stupid shit. One day, Mr.Chinscrote the CEO of your company, sees some report and your salary is at the top of the page. "HOLY FUCK, THIS GUY IS WAY OVERPAID! I COULD PAY SOMEONE 10% OF WHAT THIS GUY MAKES TO DO THE SAME GOD DAMN JOB!" He cuts your salary so a multi billion dollar company can make another 180k a month, you quit and he hires a new guy now making .2% commission on sales. He pitches the guy and says he'll be clearing $20k a month in pay if he can perform as well as you did. $240k salary sounds pretty damn good, right!? Three months goes by and this guy isn't half the salesman you were. The company is pulling in a million dollars in sales and the new guy is banking a whopping $2k/month. He's going to tell Mr.Chinscrote to fuck his hat and find someone else to work for .2% commission. So tell me who loses here?

FUCKING NAILED IT

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
[MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION]. Never hear of this Tanner dude. Thanks. I have given him at least another 30 watches this morning. :bowrofl: I enjoyed some of his videos. I could care less if is he making millions good for him. Hopefully his parents which are in some of these are socking a lot of it away for his future. Or if he blows it all. Oh well he is sixteen and will eventually have to get a real job. LOL

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
It's just [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] being jealous of these kids making bank and masking it as anger towards the companies paying them :rofl:

Hopefully they are putting money away for the future. If they're making upwards of $200k a month as someone claimed, then I think they'll be alright if they're buying a few GTR's.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
No it's not. I wasn't talking about shitty click bait filled videos or channel views. I simply said I wish YouTube would stop making people millionaires. I understand how it all works. How the revenue service works. And some of their videos are great. But making $200k a month for it? Come on.

If you think me complaining out that is ironic, then so be it. But I still watch The videos. But I make sure By running a browser ad blocker that I'm not contributing to the embedded problem I'm complaining about.

Wait, you actually watch all of their videos??? LOL

The "embedded problem" you complain about is your jealousy of them enjoying capitalism.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Wait, you actually watch all of their videos??? LOL

The "embedded problem" you complain about is your jealousy of them enjoying capitalism.

Oh I never said I wasnt jealous...lol Im saying what they are getting paid for is ludicrous. It makes the latest teen generation think that school and hard work are now unnecessary. And that all they need to do is record themselves playing video games or walking around a mall, and they will be set for life.

My point was that eventually this youtube millionaire thing will end and all they will have is a few toys that they will need to sell to keep their extravagant lives going for a few more months.

Tanner's parents are being supportive, but to let him do this in place of school or preparing himself for a real career, is enabling. And its not healthy nor is it right.

What they spend their money on is not what I care about. From post one I have said that I hope youtube gets a handle on this and brings them down to earth. How do you think they got all those views per month. You guys should see the click bait. The one dude Lance something, puts his big titty GF in the thumbnail of every video with a title that has nothing to do with the video. And its gaining him hundreds of thousands of dollars per month for it. Sounds like bad business to me. Like bait and switching at a car dealer.

But yeah my thread might come off has butthurt or jealousy, but I have worked hard for my life and will continue no matter what the youtube millionaires do.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Case in point. This video has 6.5m views and he has 2m subs. At no point do any of his many click bait videos have anything to do with the title.

So to offshoredrilling who made that elaborate post about some sales job blah blah blah, how would you feel if you were sold something that did nothing of which it was advertised. Check the comments. Half the people are pissed, and the other half are trying to use the views of the page to gain likes and views of their own shit. Yeah sounds like a fantastic use of capitalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBJCcdKZcc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info