Excursion front end, steering issue

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So I've replaced everything on the front end of the excursion over the last year except for the steering box, ball joints and pitman arm, the steering will be fine for weeks then all of a sudden it will start jerking the wheel to the left, sometimes back and fourth like a death wobble, I had planned on replacing the steering box this fall winter, but it also needs the lines and power steering pump they alll leak, when I bought the truck everything was pretty bad I've tightened up the steering box probably more than I should have to get all the slop out plus all the new parts, is this something balljoints could cause or am I looking at the steering box, I'd like to get a good aftermarket unit but don't know a ton about the hd trucks

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
is it 4wd? does the truck have a steering stabilizer? check the track bar bushings too.

the balljoints can cause this issue too, did you check those? when you jack the front end of the truck up you put a pry-bar between the tire and ground then push up on the tire. you usually won't see ball joint play doing a standard shakedown

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Putting a new steering gear box in it today then all it will need is an alignment and tires and it will be ready for winter
14c8286a24cec21058c7e51547888ce4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list