Anyone have experience with a hand-held sand blaster?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Once I pull the motor out of the Ranger, I plan on also pulling the bed and cleaning and re-coating the frame the best I can so it lasts for the forseeable... ever.

The last time I did this, I use a wire wheel sanding pads on my angle grinder and drill, which was horrific for tight areas.

Looking around online, I'm curious about the 'portable' pneumatic sandblasters, and if that would better serve this purpose?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Save yourself the headache and send it out for blasting.

I have used several pot and cabinet blasters, these are only about 20% of what you need. The other 80% is the air compressor. I have a 14cfm @90 psi compressor and it can barely keep up with something like the job your looking to do. The compressor would need to rest too long for it to be effective unless your going to do a little bit each day. You would also need a good water separator to keep the media from getting soaked.

It may be faster to wire wheel it

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Save yourself the headache and send it out for blasting.

I have used several pot and cabinet blasters, these are only about 20% of what you need. The other 80% is the air compressor. I have a 14cfm @90 psi compressor and it can barely keep up with something like the job your looking to do. The compressor would need to rest too long for it to be effective unless your going to do a little bit each day. You would also need a good water separator to keep the media from getting soaked.

It may be faster to wire wheel it

how many doll-hairs would it cost to get something like that done?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info