Electrical Experts Step In- Solar Panel questions

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So my work bought a bunch of these thinking they will maintain the semi's on the lot over the winter. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RCP3QS/?tag=tcg21-20

They started realizing they wont do didly. So I offered to ask what you guys think would do the trick. Being that we cant run power over the open parking lot, solar seems to be the only choice. But I have no idea what size would be needed to work with our trucks.

Most of our trucks have a four battery system. 31 series group size. Running 925cca's. Some new trucks are also running gel cells. Any ideas what we would run that's reasonable?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Most likely going to need something that puts out a couple hundred watts minim per truck, problem is it won't do shit if it's cloudy out or at night time, unless your talking about using a big battery bank and an inverter and running battery tenders off that, either way it would probably be cheaper to just run power to the lot

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Thanks guys. They want something easy that can be pulled off a truck and thrown in the next one pretty easily. I agree that shore power and chargers are the way to do it but this is what they want. I'll email pulsetech and see what they say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info