TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I'd rather have a Mustang

61e41d2a89dff9cc5d75f5c42dbf1774.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've been fortunate to drive both and while this is a great buff book comparison, in reality there's likely a $70,000 price difference between these cars so I doubt someone would be on the fence about buying one or the other. It's still damn impressive the "base" GT-R is that close to the NSX in performance considering the price deficit. The "Premium" trim they tested is the Touring version of the car, which it doesn't do very well as a touring car, an there will be a few more trims available of the 2017 that will be more performance-oriented, like the Nismo ($176k), which is closer to the NSX's price. That's the car they should have compared with the NSX. However, the NSX's hybrid wizardry also makes it be both a touring car and a supercar at the touch of a button. It drives as docile as an Accord sedan in comfort mode, and as aggressive as a supercar in Track mode. The GT-R is annoying harsh all the time relative to competitors and doesn't have that duality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info