Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bump.

Seems like Koenigsegg will finally be bringing this to production cars.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...egg-hybrid-supercar-camless-freevalve-engine/

Company founder and boss Christian von Koenigsegg told Top Gear that it's working on a new hybrid supercar with a pricetag of around €1 million ($1.15 million) to increase its annual sales to a few hundred cars. Oh, and it'll have an engine without camshafts.

Yes, Koenigsegg is apparently right on the cusp of bringing its innovative Freevalve technology to the market. Instead of using traditional camshafts to open and close valves, a Freevalve engine uses pneumatic actuators. This allows far more control over what the engine does. Theoretically, a Freevalve engine can run on diesel, gas, or alcohol with no mechanical changes—though not at the same time—and can even switch from a two-stroke to a four-stroke cycle. Speaking to Jalopnik in 2014, Koenigsegg said using camshafts was like using a broom to play a piano, while pneumatic actuators are more like using fingers.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:fy: IN for 30% more power and infinite cam lift/duration.

If that video was from today, I wouldn't have watched it. For some reason, and I have no idea why, I just want to punch that guy square in his fuckin' face. :dunno: He seems like the kind of guy that takes 15min every morning trying on socks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info