Another breakdown.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Just another reason why I hate my truck. My idler pulley broke off the engine block. Leaving part of the bracket and half a bolt stuck in the block. $30 part, yet will cost over $1500 in repair. Dealer won't cover it under my bumper to bumper warranty. No other auto shop will touch it due to having to drill out the broken bolt on an aluminum block. Every place also said the engine has to be removed to do the repair. Any insight on what I can do? Here's a pic of the broken part.
9e454a3a3e972c8ebd18ea22ed8b4adc.jpg

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I would fight the warranty. If you have a bumper to bumper make them honor that. No reason they shouldn't. Call other dealers.

Shouldn't cost $1500 to remove a broken bolt. If there is anything sticking out at all they can try to get a sharp drift and knock it around until they can get some vise grips on it. If that doesn't work they can weld another bolt to it and back it out. Either way, not your job to tell them how to do it, tell them you have a warranty and they will honor it.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
The warranty I have is Toyota extended. Truck was bought used at Naperville Toyota. The $1500 was quoted cause they said they have to pull the motor to fix it. The bolt is flush with the block. I already tried calling phelan Chevy, advantage Chevy, Webb Chevy and ettelson gmc. They all gave me the same run around.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Sounds like the dealers don't want to deal with a tougher job. Warranty should cover that, whether it's $150 or $1500, it's between the bumpers :dunno:
Like ti said, weld a nut to it and back the bitch out. Shouldn't need to remove the engine to do that
What year/engine? How many miles? Did that just snap while you were driving?

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Sounds like the dealers don't want to deal with a tougher job. Warranty should cover that, whether it's $150 or $1500, it's between the bumpers :dunno:

Like ti said, weld a nut to it and back the bitch out. Shouldn't need to remove the engine to do that

What year/engine? How many miles? Did that just snap while you were driving?

It's a 2011 Colorado. 3.7l 5cylinder. 88k miles. Yeah it broke while I was driving. Luckily I wasn't but a few blocks from home and had enough battery to get me home. Just didn't have power steering.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
First problem was buying a Colorado :hsugh:

But I'd go back to the dealer you bought it from, and then go through their warranty company. Fight like hell, that still should be covered IMO.

I already regret trading my GLI in for this junk. Already had the truck towed to the dealer where I bought it (Naperville Toyota). They won't cover. Said it's a regular maintenance part. Don't know what else to do other than find someone who will do the repair and not rape me in the process.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
From what I found out, it was the dealer calling the shots on what is covered and what's not. I called the corporate office to complain. They have no record of any previous claims being submitted. Despite my past visits to Naperville Toyota for repairs. The truck was taken to Bill Kay Chevy and they are repairing the pulley and 2 other problems I have had that were denied by Naperville Toyota. I'm now going to look into getting reimbursed for the previous repairs that I had to pay for. NEVER AGAIN will I go to Naperville Toyota!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info