Storing e85 over winter

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So long story short I will be getting tuned on e85 in the spring, but I know e85 tends to be shit in the spring, so I bought two hdpe barrels (plastic) to store enough to get me by in the spring, now I'm reading the manufacture of the barrel says they are not rated for gas or ethanol, but the company that makes the plastic the barrel is made out of says it is gas and ethanol resistant, have any of you done this pretty sure willizim did

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
water will get through plastic via osmosis. You done goofed.

Over how long of a period of time? There are lots of chemicals stored in high density polyethylene barrels are they chemicals that can't be ruined by water or is it not much of an issue, I can get metal barrels as well I just got these plastic ones for really cheap

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Been doing this for 4 years with a blue poly drum sitting on a small wood pallet in the garage. I've never had issues with water contamination and I run that drum dry each year. For what ever reason people seem to think e85 should be handled like plutonium. Just use common sense. Fill the drum up and seal it air tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list