My quest for a new/replacement truck

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well, this is going to be a long road I have a feeling - I'm not 100% sold on any one direction, but I am committed to looking around at all the new versions of the big 3 (only because I promised [MENTION=47]SRT41320[/MENTION] I would sit in a Dodge). I'm also still keeping my eye open for the perfect 6.0 - but I really don't think there's one out there for me.

So yesterday, I drove around to the three lots in Woodstock to see what was out there - in hopes to get in each of these and check them each out.

First up was Bull Valley Ford - they only had 2 '17's on the lot, both are spoken for. One was a Platinum 350, the other a DRW with a few less options. I sat in the Platinum, it was very nice. Seems very well built, with the interior laid out quite nicely. Felt a lot like a F150 inside though. The giant double sunroof was MASSIVE and literally goes to what seems like the back of the back seats. It's really huge. The back seat seemed to have at least as much space as my '12 F150 had, which is a TON of leg room. I didn't get to start or drive it and I didn't get to really play with the electronics either. So I'll have to do that somewhere else... oh. And. These trucks are fuggin expensive. The platinum I sat in had a sticker of $77k. :eek4:

Next I went to Benoy Dodge on 14/47. I felt weird even driving onto their lot. Their used cars all look like garbage... hard to trust a dealer when their used stuff openly looks like trash. ANYWAY, I made my way over to their small handful of trucks. They had a few Cummins out there, the prices were significantly lower. Interiors looked nice enough, exterior looked like a Dodge truck. Had a boxed frame, but I think all the 3/4 ton trucks do now. So I looked at a few trucks, making several laps around each and no one came out to talk to me. So after looking a bit, I hopped back in the BMW and drove down to Woodstock Chevy.

These SOB's literally have the perfect truck I want to drive right in front of their main doors. '16 Duramax LTZ, CCSB, in the great blue color... I was excite. Salesman comes out with a quickness and asks what he can do for me, and I said GET ME THE KEYS TO THIS TRUCK! He replies... sorry sir, we sold that truck today. The guy is headed here to pick it up right now.

:fu:

SO, I ask for any other LTZ diesel, they have none. Ugh. So he finds me a 2500HD LTZ gasser with the 6.0 in it to drive. I actually HATE the steering wheel controls. The controls are all chinsy and rubberised. DO NOT WANT.

Anyway, its getting late. I'll type up more later. This is just the beginning.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Don't forget about TrueCar. Those Rams I was looking at stickered around 61-64 and through TrueCar were touching high 40s after all incentives and what not.

This. TrueCar numbers are nuts on them.

Had there been a RAM that wasn't a tradesman with a 6-speed manual when I was looking, I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't have the Ford.

I was even OK with a Big Horn with heated cloth and the premium sound. $400 dealer option to add Navigation (no brainer) and about $1,500 to have the seats done in whatever color leather I wanted. Boom, 4x4 deisel with heated leather and NAV under $50,000 brand new.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
We have a Dodge dealer sponsor on here don't we? Give him a direct PM, he is at HAWK auto group?

My inlaws just bought a new 2500 Cummins with a MANUAL trans, mega cab, short bed to replace their 2008 F350 6.4 powered truck (also manual).

They got a screaming deal on it, local dealer too, something like 10-12k under sticker, and it has the 8 inch nav, bed lighting, and some other goodies (Plow prepared).

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Don't forget about TrueCar. Those Rams I was looking at stickered around 61-64 and through TrueCar were touching high 40s after all incentives and what not.
Maybe take true car and start plugging in rural southern zip codes for better pricing :fyws:

Oh [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] 2 years 40k no sign of even wear let alone functionality of gm steering wheel buttons, but rest assured cheeto dust doesn't get in between these buttons nigga.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info