And he can drive home with his wife and 5 kids

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think it's supposed to be better than that even because the latest revision of the P90DL just popped off a 10.8. So they're thinking 10.6ish for the P100DL. And funny you mention that about the fast charger. I don't know if it wast the video where he said it or the post on the Tesla forums but he said they're having two high power wall chargers installed at the track.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
the only diference is the lambo will still make pass after pass while the tesla will be sitting still at the charging station.and the women you can pick up in it compared to that tesla.

I don't know how much experience you have with the car but the range of the P100D is over 300 miles which means he could do that for a long time without needing to hit the charging station. The car does slow down marginally as the state of charge drops but doesn't see any substantial cut in power until range is pretty low. My car doesn't start capping peak power until about 70 miles of range is left.

All day long. Lambo was just getting going.

I don't know at what point we as enthusiasts make the determination that one car is faster than another but to me if you need to row 5 gears and 130 mph before you catch up with the car you're racing, you're in the slower car. Wouldn't you agree?

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Their 0-60 were almost identical . 0.09 difference in the win could come down to reaction time . It looks like the tesla got the jump . Its instant energy power is why it pulls so well . I don't believe power decreases once moving , it's just not enough energy to propel the car faster at the same pace once it's higher up in mph.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I don't know how much experience you have with the car but the range of the P100D is over 300 miles which means he could do that for a long time without needing to hit the charging station. The car does slow down marginally as the state of charge drops but doesn't see any substantial cut in power until range is pretty low. My car doesn't start capping peak power until about 70 miles of range is left.

I don't know at what point we as enthusiasts make the determination that one car is faster than another but to me if you need to row 5 gears and 130 mph before you catch up with the car you're racing, you're in the slower car. Wouldn't you agree?

Does the power not drop at an alarming rate doing wot runs like this?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
regen braking bitch

It's like getting to reuse 70% of the 8$ a gal c16.

Motors have instant torque even as low as nearly zero RPM. they're mechanical leverage never changes.

The problem is that while they're great at the bottom end not so much up top but since most of your customers are driving maybe 30 over the speed limit but likely way less than that.

It's a compromise that for 99% of owners is perfectly acceptable

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Hrmm. Not sure where I said the Lambo was faster car in this type of race :s00ls:. The Tesla is a monster off the line and to be expected. After that they are fairly even going down the track. And after that 1/4 the Tesla has nothing left. As an enthusiast I enjoy the sounds that Lambo makes. I enjoy the handling that Lambo has over the Tesla. And I enjoy a car that is not just a straight line machine. Can I fit a family of 5 in a Lambo? Nope. But that is not what that car is about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info