Truck bro's and eBay/Craigs/cars.com/autotrader champions... I need your help!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So, for those of you who don't know, I was involved in a pretty serious accident Sunday night coming back from Hayward, the result is a now totaled Yukon... This truck was owned by my parents since brand new and was quite honestly one of the nicest ones around, paired with thousands in recent receipts. I purchased it LAST WEDNESDAY from them after years of bugging them for it, only to have it taken from me by a dipshit that locked up his brakes and turned into my lane to get to the toll booths from the Ipass lanes at the South Beloit plaza...

What I need from you guys is comparables. I'm sure the insurance company is going to try and low-ball me on this thing, but for what they book at I'll be getting one that needs a bunch of little bullshit, which I simply will not accept. Within the last year my truck got new Michelin tires, new brakes all around, new water pump, power steering, alternator, starter, belts, lines, gauge cluster, etc etc etc etc etc... I have receipts proving all of this. With that said, I need you guys to find the most CLEAN and OVERPRICED trucks out there that have over 100,000 miles.

Details on mine;

-2003 GMC Yukon XL
-6.0/80e/4x4/4.10's
-SLE Option package (cloth, power windows, locks, etc... Single CD)
-125,000 miles
-ONE OWNER

It doesn't need to be the "same" as far as options go, I'm simply going to tell the insurance company IDC about leather or anything like that, I care that it's getting replaced with a truck that was as nice as mine. I also had a Class 5 hitch, brake controller and some other towing specific options on there.

Here's the truck in question... This was last Thursday

13895086_10154463831634589_5010028769201756410_n.jpg

And here it is now...

13669092_10154471629769589_2635499174946146811_n.jpg

I'm dealing with the guy's insurance company at the moment and I'm getting the truck towed to A&L from the tow yard in South Beloit. I just haven't had time to start searching for one yet but need some solid examples to back up my "go fuck yourself" statement to their initial offerings on the truck.

Thanks in advance!

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] [MENTION=47]SRT41320[/MENTION] [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] [MENTION=8029]BeerOrGasoline[/MENTION]

Eventually I'm going to need to buy something to replace this, but that's a thread for another day... Plus the more money we can squeeze out of them, the more I can spend on something else :)

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Oh man, so you did get their first offer and it was low?

Have not yet received an offer, I'm just trying to build a case beforehand so I have a leg to stand on right off the bat.

$6500 and you can have mine!

That MAY be an option if I don't replace it with a pickup, but I need to get paid first :)

Also [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION], post up the details (mainly need year and options) and I'll look around.

I'll update the OP! Thanks bud. However, they CAN be trucks of ANY option level, I'm mainly looking for the ones that are pristine that have the same list of maintenance, so I can go to the insurance company and say "hey, see this truck here that you think I can buy?" Tires/brakes are at half life and nothing else that I had done has been replaced. Are you going to give me a warranty or are we going to get real here and give me the money I deserve to get the nicest one out there... I'm going to come on pretty strong shooting for obscene numbers, hoping to setting north of $10,000. They're also going to give me the $1,000 I could've spent on a loaner car. Hoping to walk away with $11,500-$12,000 out of this by the time it's all said and done. I know it's lofty, but, fuck it, I've got time to argue.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION]'s got the right idea... if we CAN, maybe find some with 6.0's in them, I can argue that I don't give a shit about leather, but a different power train might make it difficult lol. The SLE/SLT thing won't be too hard to argue, as there's very few that weren't fully loaded up... I'll essentially say find me one like mine as nice and I'll take it, if not, we're going to work with what's on the market, and that's trucks with leather and such...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i know i saw your update after i clicked post, 8.1 worth more apparently. what happened and how bad is the truck??? Total loss for sure??

Yes, definite total loss. Frame is bent pretty severely, air bag deployed, etc... I'll just quote my earlier PM to [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]. Crazy eyes is my buddy josh, he was following me in his truck and got tangled up in the mess too...

I was on I90 coming home from hayward, just crossed the border into Illinois, coming up to the first toll plaza I was in the right lane with cruise control set at 70 with crazy eyes behind me. we were past the dividing line for the ipass and toll booths by a long shot, about 200' from the barrier wall dividing them both. Guy in the center lane decided at the last second he needed to be at the booths, not the ipass, so he locked up his brakes and turned right in front of me to cross the median. He was doing MAYBE 15 MPH when I hit him at 55+. IDK how much I was able to slow before I hit him but it wasn't much. He then went into the jersey barrier to the right while I started spinning to the left. I then slammed crazy eyes as he was trying to avoid it all to the left, took out both of his passenger doors, cab corner and rockers, bedside and hit his rear end, pushing it into the bedside and dropping the driveshaft out. He was somehow able to keep it under control and we all came to a stop. My passenger ( my buddy Joe) has some knee pain he's getting checked out, I'm doing fine minus some soreness and josh is just fine as well. I'm sure I'll feel it a bit more tomorrow as that's how it always goes. But yeah, hell of a fucking ride for sure, glad to still be here.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just gotta say it again, terribly sorry for your loss (despite it not being a death, its still a loss in the family!), and I'm glad you are OK.

I've been looking at Burbans and Yukon XL's for months, and there seems to be a vast yawning chasm between the beat to shit 'work' ones, and the Minty loaded leather ones. Its bizzare that almost nothing falls in the middle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info