let's talk pickup caps / shells / toppers / campers etc.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was looking at an ARE cap for a while. Never went through with it though so I never saw a price. They look nice though. :dunno:

basically it seems like if it's "bare" it's 1500-$1800.

put like 3-4 options.

$2600.

and then all vehicle specific forums are just fucked. i keep looking at century vs ARE vs Leer vs etc etc. and every single forum is just pro-whatever the dudes on that site have :rofl:

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Forgot about the soft tops. The ones that snap on?

Get a roll-up like mine. Truxedo Lo-Pro QT. rolls up in seconds, if you need the extra 6" at the front the "cartridge" pops out in 15 more seconds by sliding two tabs and lifting out.

KJ, my buddy just picked up a Lakeland cap from a local-ish company (Madison and a couple other WI spots) and he loves it. Pretty sure it's a predator. (not sure why pic is so small, can text to you if you like)

2f98c66bdde70bf18c50ce0ca7e5b185_thumb.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Get a roll-up like mine. Truxedo Lo-Pro QT. rolls up in seconds, if you need the extra 6" at the front the "cartridge" pops out in 15 more seconds by sliding two tabs and lifting out.

KJ, my buddy just picked up a Lakeland cap from a local-ish company (Madison and a couple other WI spots) and he loves it.

2fea7324e187bbdffc664c6bb45ef52f_thumb.jpg

bestop_truck_supertop.jpg

Soft top topper, not tonneau cover.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

KJ, my buddy just picked up a Lakeland cap from a local-ish company (Madison and a couple other WI spots) and he loves it.

2f98c66bdde70bf18c50ce0ca7e5b185_thumb.jpg

i actually think i got a quote from them. i'd like that idea too...

Soft top topper, not tonneau cover.

:werd:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Cheaper than a hard top too. My main thing is quickish removal and smaller storage in case I want to go ride dirt bikes. I see them a ton (mostly on tacomas) so they can't be terrible? The fold up sides seem good for camping too. There's also a screen option for the rear window.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My dad bought a good retractable hard cover. It's really nice but sucks that it takes up the back foot of the bed. It's good for him, but could see it being really annoying for some people.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheaper than a hard top too. My main thing is quickish removal and smaller storage in case I want to go ride dirt bikes. I see them a ton (mostly on tacomas) so they can't be terrible? The fold up sides seem good for camping too. There's also a screen option for the rear window.

I remember there being another canvas one that slid forward like semi-trailers do, ill have to hunt.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
This is the one I've been looking at since I don't really have room to store a hard top.

https://www.bestop.com/chevrolet/2001/silverado-1500/supertop-for-truck/bedlength/78/

I was thinking soft top and just my roll up for solo camping. They do make big truck bed air mattresses. Costco has one.

That top looks awesome. I have never seen one like that. The camping was what I was having in mind as well. Some more remote places don't always have a good flat spot for a tent. It looks like it folds up enough that it wouldn't really interfere with a UTV in there. Definitely interested for that price too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info