Issues After I Picked Up My Truck

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
As some know I dropped my truck off early last week to get the bed LINE X done. I was told it would be done Thursday. Then it was Friday. Then it was Monday. No real reason to what the issue was or why it was talking so long.
Finally I get back last night. The bed liner looks great.
Here is where is gets odd. I dropped off a very clean truck. I now have some mud on the rear quarter and in the fender well. OK, maybe the lot being some of it was rocks and dirt caused that. But you'd have be to cruising for it to get up there.
I dropped it off with 1/8th tank of gas. I now have a 1/4...
I dropped it off with 565 miles on it. I know have 630 miles on it..... A 65 mile difference.
I hop out and go see the service manager. I don't say anything but ask where they took the truck to. He tells me and I ask about how far it is. He goes oh no more than 6 or 7 miles. I Google it, 5.7 miles on the long end.
I asked well where did the 65 miles come from?? He and the service writers seemed pretty shocked on that.
I go it came it for a the bed liner. It shouldn't take more than a day. You've all had this truck 6 days. It has 65 miles more on it. Mud on the back. Also both front seats were leaned back and all the mirrors changed as if someone was driving it around. So that tells me there was passengers in the truck also.
We tried to call the place that did the liner and it was closed.
The dealer is suppose to call me this morning. I am going to call the other place to speak with the manager and see if he can explain to me why the fuck this happened.

I will be getting compensation from someone for this bullshit.
I will update as I know.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
OK, I just spoke to the manager at the place the work was done.
They are in the Chicago city limits. He explained since they are in the city limits, they cannot actually spray the liner. They did the prep work there but had to take the truck over to Line X Palatine to have the rest done. I did some quick mapping and it all comes back legit miles wise to the exact mile.
As for the reason why it took so long. Sherman Dodge didn't get in a work order to them so they would have it on their schedule. He explained they were able to get it in but worked on it between other things instead of doing it all at once like they normally do.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I agree I should have been told. He said they tell their customers that. I went through the dealer though so it was on them to notify me of this.

But yes they do all the prep work at this place and take the truck to LINE X after. I'm sure their they make sure it's ready before they spray.

I will say the liner came out great.

Still pissed that they didn't tell me about that. I will express my thoughts when I call the dealer later for this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info