via Blackstone. $28.

SaB7aMnh.jpg

:jg:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So you pulled that oil during a change, Alex?

yea, i went over by 500 miles. I usually change @ 3500 for piece of mind. I knew I had the protection, thats why I rec this oil to everyone, but thats under the assumption that their pretty much stock powered trucks. not saying mines juiced, but I do run my oil through hell.

Read the directions in full, but the biggest concern is to either take a sample when engine is bone cold and tell them that so they can factor in moisture, or right after a highway pull is best. NEVER capture what first comes out of the pan, nor the last bit. pull the drain plug, count to 15, then slide her on in for a sample.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
well, get him a few samples, prove it to him. You just submit your info, they send a kit, mail it back, pay for it, email sent back with results

I have 2 more kits, im doing the GTP next. 2 reasons, to see if there is any concern with engine, and also to see if i can extend the change intervals

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'm sure you can go a lot more than 6k too, although it is advised to change the filters still every 3k or so.

i am lazy and change every 6k+, although all the analysis i've had by them look good.

that includes 0w20 with e85 and multiple track days hitting sustained 280f and the same with 10w30 250+ sustained for ~30 min.

:amsoil:

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
i'm sure you can go a lot more than 6k too, although it is advised to change the filters still every 3k or so.

i am lazy and change every 6k+, although all the analysis i've had by them look good.

that includes 0w20 with e85 and multiple track days hitting sustained 280f and the same with 10w30 250+ sustained for ~30 min.

:amsoil:

A gas engines oil does not take a beating as much as a 7.3.

It will take a beating to 6k I've seen . You don't really want to do it tough.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
well, get him a few samples, prove it to him. You just submit your info, they send a kit, mail it back, pay for it, email sent back with results

I have 2 more kits, im doing the GTP next. 2 reasons, to see if there is any concern with engine, and also to see if i can extend the change intervals

what was the turn around time ?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It's annoying that as soon as they went to a low pressure system they added DPF/DEF and I have to change it just as frequently anyways to get the fuel out :tear:

That analysis is awesome, I'm going to do one on the Yukon when I get it just to see what 5K changes have done to it over its lifetime.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info