Karma doesn't like woman cutting off motorcycle

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Guy on the bike was a dick. The box truck was pulling away from him, he also had a huge space in front of him. Lady doesn't want to get stuck behind some lame, so she goes to merge in front of him and he magically finds his throttle because she hurt his pride.

Fuck him.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I thought he was leaving too big a gap AND getting out accelerated by a box truck, too. Then I saw the box truck slow down for the merge and he continued to speed up and closed the gap. Even if he sped up to stay ahead of the woman, he still had right of way in that lane. She should have backed off rather than continuing to merge into him, especially while he is on a bike. Like he says, it's right... left... right at a merge.

I don't know about you guys but I give bikes extra space. They can accelerate faster, they can stop faster and they don't have the protection a car gives. I can't imagine crowding a bike even if the guy is a dick.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Guy on the bike was a dick. The box truck was pulling away from him, he also had a huge space in front of him. Lady doesn't want to get stuck behind some lame, so she goes to merge in front of him and he magically finds his throttle because she hurt his pride.

Fuck him.

While I can see the way you think that, as stated in the thread, he was giving himself room. The way that merge should have gone was Truck > Bike > Car. Not truck > Car trying to squeeze in > bike, as stated, the bike was following the rules of the road, and she was not.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Plus, I give the biker credit for keeping his wits. He bitches at her, explains to her why she's wrong, stays upright when getting squeezed, doesn't panic and repeats her license plate to the camera knowing he won't remember it. Then he flags down the cop, getting his attention, gives the cop a brief but thorough description and follows the cop pointing to the correct vehicle when the cop isn't quite sure. He then mentions the video again and says he can get it on his phone if they go to a parking lot. Nice.

I'd vote for the guy if he ran for Congress.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
While I can see the way you think that, as stated in the thread, he was giving himself room. The way that merge should have gone was Truck > Bike > Car. Not truck > Car trying to squeeze in > bike, as stated, the bike was following the rules of the road, and she was not.

Agreed. Nice to see something happen here. Hopefully it'll help that lady wise and be a smarter driver (unlikely).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Kind of shocking to see some comments about the biker being an ass. I'm a rider, so I guess I tend to give bikers a little more space and the benefit of the doubt. Merging into a biker like that fat bitch did deserves an ass beating plain and simple...

I also give bikers plenty of space. However, there are videos littered all over youtube where some dumbass will do something to a biker. The biker has a cam and he will instigate the driver to be even more dumb and then road rage happens. Its silly. I get it that they are baiting the driver to do more stupid things to put the vid on youtube to be funny, but its not funny. You are playing a game and it will and I am sure has backfired.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info