Racing Harness

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Finally had my roll bar put in the car and now I need a harness to go with it.
I was thinking 5 point, even if I don't install the crotch strap right now at least I'll have it down the road.
Is it worth it to spend the extra money and buy a cam lock one over the traditional latch style?
Pull down, or pull up?
Any brands stand out?
I have no experience with them whatsoever so any input has value.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Get a Cam lock. Fuck screwing around with the latch style those are a pain in the ass compared to the Cam lock. Makes belting in and out much quicker. I just put a 5pnt gforce harness in Lx a little over a month ago I have zero complaints the 4 outings at the track I've used it. Was only $150 @ Jegs or Summit. Pull down style is easier to use. I am out of my harness before I make the turn on the big end of the track.

When I belt in, I found that it's easier to put the shoulders in the cam first, then the lap belts and leave the crotch for last. It was a struggle when starting with the crotch belt and working up.

Attachments

• 20160507_163150.jpg
    20160507_163150.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 62
  • 20160507_163408.jpg
    20160507_163408.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 62

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Have you ever been hassled for that before? Not something I'm really worried about since I've never been pulled over in it in the 6 years I've had it.

I've never been hassled about my harness and get a camlock. The camlock makes the difference between driving the car for small errands and not due to it being a pain in the ass if it were a standard latch.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks bud,
Ps saw your turd over at straightline. What's the deal lol

As much as I'd like to tear it apart I just don't have the time to do it with the baby and work. I asked Nick if he can do some of the things I've been neglecting. The hope is that come this time next year I'll be out and hunting 8's but for now I have a little dude that needs my attention. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info