FOR RENT: Motive Brake Bleeder

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I bought a Motive Brake Bleeder to do my brakes and the thing kicked ass. It is not something you need to own, but it makes doing a full flush really easy by yourself. If this is something you want to use, I'll let you rent it for $10. If you have a later model Ford you will not need any adapter for the unit, but if you have a different make you will need your style adapter for the brake fluid resovoir.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also how does this thing work

It seals the master reservoir and pumps pressurized fluid into it. Then you crack the bleeder at the end your are bleeding and it will keep the master full while it flushes out the line.

Its a lot like a gravity bleed, but faster.

If you have time on your hands to sip some lemonade you can pull the cap off master, top it off, crack the bleeder, then sit on your but until gravity and atmospheric pressure flushes the brakes for you. It just takes a long time.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]

Chevrolet/GMC/Buick/Cadillac/Pontiac/Olds (GM) Prior to the 2000MY most GM products used a rectangular or oval shaped cap on a wide mouthed reservoir. From the early 70s to mid 80s the reservoir was metal, after that time period it was plastic. If the reservoir is less than 3.75" x 6" the 1105 adapter will be needed which comes with kit 0105, if larger than 3.75"x6" the 1115 adapter in kit 0115 will be needed. In the late 90s GM began switching to a round twist to lock cap across all product lines. The cap twists 1/4 turn and has 3 locking tabs on the underside. Cars with this type of adapter will use Power Bleeder p/n 0108 or the Black Label 0118. The corresponding adapter would be the 1108 or the metal version 1118. If you have late model a Pontiac GTO AND G8, please call us as it seems Pontiac was using random reservoirs on the GTO AND G8. The G8 primarily uses the adapter 1117. But the 1118 has been seen- The GTO has seen the 1117, 1118 and a select few that use the 1105 adapter. Note some Saturn cars use a different cap. - please see the section on Saturn below.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Can I rent this from you possibly this weekend? The adapter and liter of dot 4 should be coming in Saturday

I will be out of town all weekend at a hockey tournament. Unless you pick it up tomorrow by 11AM you will have to wait. Also I am giving the extra brake fluid to Bru since he committed to renting already. I will need it back for [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] by the 19th.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I will be out of town all weekend at a hockey tournament. Unless you pick it up tomorrow by 11AM you will have to wait. Also I am giving the extra brake fluid to Bru since he committed to renting already. I will need it back for [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] by the 19th.
Available tonight for a quick stop by?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I know it's $10. What I meant is if it's free as if no one has it right now.

This will be on a Nissan, which I've read works with the Ford 3 prong/ 107

Ahhhh I gotcha, sorry I just woke up when I responded. Not sure if the 107 works with late model Nissan, very well it could though. When I get it back from Bru you are welcome to it.

Where do you live?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info