Towing for 700 miles on e85 with an Escalade

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So I had the opportunity to help my buddy out and really test the towing of the escalade.

I had a ecoboost f150 that I got rid of recently and it always towed well and had an intergrated brake controller and I'd average about 11mpg on 87 octane driving 70MPH at about 6000lbs of weight.

With the Escalade I decided to buy a trailer brake controller and wired that up. Super easy and I never realized that all these trucks come prewired for one. I bought the Tekonsha P3 off of amazon and wired it up. I have a open flatbed trailer that I use and my buddy has a 53 GMC truck we were towing. I'm not sure on the weight although I'm estimating the truck to be similar weight to my Trans Am. I was also towing with e85 in the tank to see how it would do. Honestly it wasn't that far off from what I would probably be at MPG wise for 87 octane. I averaged about 11mpg driving all highway at 70mph in tow mode on e85 which was at 1.59-1.69/gallon. I was really impressed with how well it towed given the seats were out of the escalade and it was filled with boxes. I'd imagine it was upwards of 8000-9000lbs which is right at it's max capacity. Truck did great though.

All in all, fancy tow pig did a great job.

j4BobQW.jpg

g0cNuAV.jpg

4VdC7Cc.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Where were you guys at? I thought I saw a 50's GM pickup behind a caddy this past weekend.
Yeah we drove to just outside Dayton Ohio. We went 80 East to 65 South if I recall correctly. It was probably us, not too many 50's pickups being towed by a caddy this weekend. We drove down Saturday btw.
way awesome.

full time awd right?

Yes sir :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info