Ten bolt 5 lug gm disc conversion.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
If I were going to be doing it I would check the 92-96 Impala SS stuff out.

A very common swap was 11" drums as well. I believe there were more than one bolt pattern used on the backing plates, so you'd have to figure that out. The 9" I had came with 11" drums which were actually an excellent upgrade.

An 03-05 axle uses rear disks but is 6 lug. Converting a front to 6 lug is going to be involved and a PITA. Not worth it IMO.

Keep in mind that the 7.5" Ten Bolt in the back is a c-clip axle which means you'll be having to pull the shafts out to swap the backing plates. These like to break the bolt in the diff that holds the carrier pin in, so be prepared to have fun getting the axle shafts out.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
When I was on Turbo Mustangs there was a guy hauling his 1/2 ton truck down from 150 in the 1/4 with essentially the same brakes which was likely a higher weight. He had ducting but still, it's a good system.

I would KISS it and get some quality organic pads not ceramic along with good quality rotors. You'll end up detailing your wheels more but they are better grabbing typically. You can tell by the codes on them:

DOT Pad Codes

The Wildwood D52s are kinda meh to me quite frankly, the stock calipers on these vans have quite a bit of piston area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info