User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Thirdgen89GTA
  • 3 Post By 1quick
  • 1 Post By Mook
  • 1 Post By Primalzer

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Casino cash: $99863300
3.15 per day
Default Stock turbo EB Mustang goes 11.67 @ 116

Please let this potential translate over to the RS!!! Lighter. AWD. Better head, better turbo.

Please let this be where the RS can go!
  • ATM Intercooler
  • WMS Downpipe
  • Airraid Intake
  • Cobb Accessport with Tune+ 93 Octane w/ RGA E-tune
  • 19x10 SVE Wheels with Nitto NT05R Drag Radials
  • 100% Stock suspension



__________________
Toy: 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | LT1 M6 Swap | Cammed, AFR 195s, LTs, SLP 2otL Catback
Daily Driver: 2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 Package | 350hp AWD Goodness.


Thirdgen89GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
Bru's Avatar
Bru Bru is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36,896
Bru
Super Moderator
 
Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36,896
Casino cash: $2147483647
8.25 per day
Default

Impressive
__________________
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Yaj Yak's Avatar
Harbor Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 88,958
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 88,958
Casino cash: $155580000
19.90 per day
Default

what weight reduction in the stang?

doesn't appear to have a passenger seat?
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Casino cash: $99863300
3.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
what weight reduction in the stang?

doesn't appear to have a passenger seat?
No idea But even if they removed all of the seats, it looks like the carpeting and dash is still there. So I don't see a ton of weight reduction happening. Original thread is here: TUNE+: New stock turbo record [email protected] - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Yaj Yak likes this.
Thirdgen89GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
Yaj Yak's Avatar
Harbor Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 88,958
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 88,958
Casino cash: $155580000
19.90 per day
Default

im not trying to knock it of course, just curious.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
1quick's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,507
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,507
Casino cash: $245123447
4.62 per day
Default

I really don't think taking the seats out makes enough difference to warrant the time to do it, cars flying for a 4 banger
__________________
2016 GT 5.slow
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #7
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 160,966
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 160,966
Casino cash: $204292000
36.00 per day
Default

Not bad at all.
98GrandPrixIraqVet likes this.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Spivitz's Avatar
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,709
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,709
Casino cash: $57247300
8.65 per day
Default

Seriously getting down!
__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot
Spivitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #9
Intel's Avatar  
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,740
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,740
Casino cash: $32942525
1.32 per day
Default

Want these motors to get cheaper.. imagine it swapped into a Datsun 240z.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #10
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,267
Casino cash: $99863300
3.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel View Post
Want these motors to get cheaper.. imagine it swapped into a Datsun 240z.
That could be awesome.

Hell, I think I could put the Camaro's i4-Turbo in the GTA and be happy with its performance. It would drop the car to maybe 3000lbs or so. Losing almost 500lbs would be awesome.
Thirdgen89GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #11
Intel's Avatar  
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,740
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,740
Casino cash: $32942525
1.32 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
That could be awesome.

Hell, I think I could put the Camaro's i4-Turbo in the GTA and be happy with its performance. It would drop the car to maybe 3000lbs or so. Losing almost 500lbs would be awesome.
The sad thing is it isn't even the motor that is that expensive.. it is the control pack for the ECU/harness since there are no aftermarket DI standalones.

Can take a fwd ST motor + NC miata transmission and you have a decently cheap turbo ford motor.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #12
Primalzer's Avatar  
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,261
 
Primalzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,261
Casino cash: $70927108
5.35 per day
Default

Whatever happened to the guy that was writing for Jalopnik, then for Road and Track, that was building a 2.0L turbo out of a Focus ST into a Fox Body? Project Crazy Horse or something?

EDIT: Project Ugly Horse

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...-transmission
RICH17 likes this.
Primalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #13
IDAFC21's Avatar
WOW.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 39,134
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 39,134
Casino cash: $113042529
8.75 per day
Default

@Pewter-Camaro
__________________
2014 ///M235i_____________________________________________ _____2004 Monaro
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #14
Pewter-Camaro's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 2,028
 
Pewter-Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 2,028
Casino cash: $2113700
0.67 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
Please let this potential translate over to the RS!!! Lighter. AWD. Better head, better turbo.

Please let this be where the RS can go!
  • ATM Intercooler
  • WMS Downpipe
  • Airraid Intake
  • Cobb Accessport with Tune+ 93 Octane w/ RGA E-tune
  • 19x10 SVE Wheels with Nitto NT05R Drag Radials
  • 100% Stock suspension
Yup.. Its common with a DP, FMIC, Sticky tires, to go 12 flat to high 11's on sticky tires in the EBM. Tune+ is a great tunner. He's got a slew of cars on stock turbo's doing 11's all day long. I'm using him for my car as well. Also don't assume the EB mustang is a heavyweight compared to the Focus RS. My base model with a light weight single exhaust came in at 3550 with my lanky 130lb ass in the car and 1/2 a tank of gas. No bells and whistles for the win!

The current full weight stock turbo record is in the 10's using spray and race gas and there is another car that is super gutted that is running faster on the stock turbo with Meth and race gas as well. Also several cars making 500+ HP on big turbos and stock blocks just waiting to toss a rod out the side of the block. Right now the limit is fueling because of the damn DI but Aux fuel systems are being developed all over the place. A lot of them sound like shit with dumped DP's or minimum race mufflers but they fucking move out.


Here is the Mustang 6g ecoboost leaderboard.. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16741
there are a few fast cars not on this list but they don't post on 6g.
__________________
-- John --
2001 Z28
2017 Chevy Colorado
Pewter-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:54 PM   #15
Dirty Vegas's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 122
 
Dirty Vegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 122
Casino cash: $5455400
0.04 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewter-Camaro View Post
Yup.. Its common with a DP, FMIC, Sticky tires, to go 12 flat to high 11's on sticky tires in the EBM. Tune+ is a great tunner. He's got a slew of cars on stock turbo's doing 11's all day long. I'm using him for my car as well. Also don't assume the EB mustang is a heavyweight compared to the Focus RS. My base model with a light weight single exhaust came in at 3550 with my lanky 130lb ass in the car and 1/2 a tank of gas. No bells and whistles for the win!

The current full weight stock turbo record is in the 10's using spray and race gas and there is another car that is super gutted that is running faster on the stock turbo with Meth and race gas as well. Also several cars making 500+ HP on big turbos and stock blocks just waiting to toss a rod out the side of the block. Right now the limit is fueling because of the damn DI but Aux fuel systems are being developed all over the place. A lot of them sound like shit with dumped DP's or minimum race mufflers but they fucking move out.


Here is the Mustang 6g ecoboost leaderboard.. Official 1/4 Mile Fast List & Leaderboards (I4 Ecoboost) - 2015+ Mustangs - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
there are a few fast cars not on this list but they don't post on 6g.
SixVI6? Or something like that? MFBA?
Dirty Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #16
Pewter-Camaro's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 2,028
 
Pewter-Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 2,028
Casino cash: $2113700
0.67 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas View Post
SixVI6? Or something like that? MFBA?
Yup that is me. Also under that user at ls1tech.
Pewter-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts