Truck/SUV Thread 04/25

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Would love to see more underside pics. Someone not to good with the ole rattle can.

00v0v_Ue4AxcP7xZ_600x450.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i LOVE this truck. i forget if i posted it before but :nutz:

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Lt Crew Cab Pickup 4 Door | eBay

Hello fellow Ebayer's!! You're looking at a one of a kind custom truck.....possibly the only conversion like this to have ever been done. I realize that's a big statement to make but I have yet to find another truck like it. Chevrolet had never made a 1/2 ton crew cab until 2003 which is when they also introduced a different front end. (see the 24th picture) In all the Trucking & Street Truck magazines I have read over the years and all the custom truck shows I've been to I have yet to see this specific conversion done before.......which could possibly make this a "one of a kind". I have even searched for this specific conversion on the world wide web and could never find anyone who had done it before me or after me. Chevrolet did build crew cabs prior to 03, however they were 1500HD's and 2500HD's which were considered to be either light duty or heavy duty 3/4 tons and had eight lug axles. The 1500HD/2500HD also had 6' beds or longer and the 03-07 1/2 ton crew cabs have 5.5' beds. All in all this truck is unique and extremely well built even if someone else has done the same conversion. I've owned the truck for over three years and have loved every second of it. It's time to cut my losses and move on to other builds. This one will surely be missed!

Here is a list of all the work that has gone into this truck.....at least I think that is all of it.

ENGINE/TRANSMISSION/REAREND:
Cammed 5.3L and professionally tuned by LSTuner.com (last dyno was 326 rear wheel horsepower, however additional mods have been made since then but no dyno)
K&N Air Filter
Pacesetter Headers, y-pipe with no cats, and black widow muffler with turn down - sounds killer
Fully built 4L60e overdrive transmission with shift kit, upgraded clutches, and 2200 stall
Fully built rear-end with upgraded American axles, Tru Trac locker, 4:10 gears

BRAKES:
Baer Brakes Erati Speed kit with 15" cross drilled/slotted rotors in front and 14" cross drilled/slotted rotors in rear (4 wheel disc brakes) Incredible stopping power

SUSPENSION:
McGauphy's 4"/6" static drop kit (spindle/spring)
Installed QA1 dual adjustable shocks all the way around
Hellwig front and rear sway bars
Caltrax traction bars

RIMS/TIRES:
22"x9.5" Black Trailblazer replica wheels wrapped in Falken 265/35/2 (95% tread)

INTERIOR:
Added center console
Kenwood DNX9980HD NAV/DVD/CD/Bluetooth
Rockford Fosgate front and rear door speakers
Rockford Fosgate 2 - 10" subs in custom made box behind the back seat
Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D Punch amp
Entire interior has Dynomat (floors, headliner, doors, and back of cab)
Added a processor under the cup holder & the cigarette lighter is the bass knob control
All professionally installed by Next Gen Audio & Video out of Carrollton, TX

BODY/EXTERIOR:
The front end was converted to a 2002 Silverado front end with 2002 Tahoe grill and a 2002 2500HD hood, added mesh grill painted flat black to match flat black bowtie, shaved tailgate and installed bush button tailgate release, one off custom roll pan, shaved and smoothed bed rails (no plastic bed rails and no steak bed holes in corners), removed all moldings and emblems, replaced headlights and marker lights with crystal clear lenses, and all work was professionally done by Lucid Auto and Paint out of Mansfield, TX. Truck also has Line-X spray in bed liner as well as L.E.D. brakes lights (not the cheap ones).

The truck is super clean and tastefully done. It has 122k original miles on motor, however everything other than the motor has been replaced or rebuilt in the last three years and has less than 20k miles on the items listed above. This truck was built to be driven and drives and handles amazing. The truck receives looks, thumbs ups, and compliments where ever it goes. I have over $45k into the truck and my reserve is less than half of that amount. I welcome anyone to come take a look in person and have the truck checked out by any mechanic. You will NOT be disappointed and the winner of this auction will be getting one heck of a ride.

All work was professionally done!! Truck has never been smoked in, interior has no rips or tears, exterior has no actual dents or body damage, interior of the bed is flawless, has no mechanical issues, no squeaks, rattles, clunks, etc. and I would hop in the truck right now and drive it across the country!!

I will be happy to email any additional pictures upon request.

NOTE: The 24th picture shown was of the truck still stock when I purchased it used off the dealership lot and I believe I'm the second owner.

Thank you and good luck!!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

when new:

s-l500.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info