User Tag List

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By dberz94
  • 5 Post By Thirdgen89GTA
  • 1 Post By dberz94
  • 2 Post By cacicgtp7
  • 2 Post By 093LZ

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #1
dberz94's Avatar
Professional Slacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Professional Slacker
 
dberz94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Casino cash: $338973
0.54 per day
Default Hellcat Goes 179mph on the Autobahn

Stumbled across this video when looking at random car acceleration videos, and I have come to the conclusion that an Autobahn is most definetly needed in the US. Especially with the kind of power that is being put out recently, V.Hellcat.



Blood on Blood, Spivitz and RobFRC like this.
__________________
dberz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Spivitz's Avatar
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,695
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,695
Casino cash: $49712300
8.65 per day
Default

I need the autobahn!
Very cool
__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Casino cash: $99768300
3.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spivitz View Post
I need the autobahn!
Very cool
I concur. TCG needs to pool its money to buy and build TCGLand. All highways will be unrestricted speed limits. All cars will be subject to inspections for modifications. Cars found without modifications will be seized and sent to the nearest speed shop for correction.

On the real note. I believe it is common courtesy on the autobahn to use the left turn signal when you are in the left lane doing warp speed. It lets people know that you ram a green rocket right up their ass if they don't move over.
__________________
Toy: 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | LT1 M6 Swap | Cammed, AFR 195s, LTs, SLP 2otL Catback
Daily Driver: 2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 Package | 350hp AWD Goodness.


Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #4
dberz94's Avatar
Professional Slacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Professional Slacker
 
dberz94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Casino cash: $338973
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
I concur. TCG needs to pool its money to buy and build TCGLand. All highways will be unrestricted speed limits. All cars will be subject to inspections for modifications. Cars found without modifications will be seized and sent to the nearest speed shop for correction.

On the real note. I believe it is common courtesy on the autobahn to use the left turn signal when you are in the left lane doing warp speed. It lets people know that you ram a green rocket right up their ass if they don't move over.
Yeah I read that the actual "speed limit" is 80mph but no one does that. Your also never allowed to pass on the right for safety.
dberz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #5
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Casino cash: $99768300
3.15 per day
Default

They have speed limits on the autobahn. But certain sections use electronic speed limit signs that can change to match conditions. If they have road works going on you might be limited to 60-80mph. If its unrestricted they use a different sign.

Then again. Germany's road and inspection laws are way stricter then ours. And if you pass on the right and a cop sees it. You will get a ticket for it. Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.
Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #6
dberz94's Avatar
Professional Slacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Professional Slacker
 
dberz94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Casino cash: $338973
0.54 per day
Default

Doesn't California kick slow people out of the left lane?
HeavyG likes this.
dberz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #7
guspech750's Avatar
Guspech Superdriller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,100
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,100
Casino cash: $35892700
2.03 per day
Default Hellcat Goes 179mph on the Autobahn

I need more hellcat and autobahn in my life.


I was expecting to here some sort of German Octoberfest type music in the background. LOLzzzzz
__________________
Go E.A.D.
Boost gets you laid.
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #8
cacicgtp7's Avatar
Some Military Dude
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saint Charles, MO
Posts: 4,604
Some Military Dude
 
cacicgtp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saint Charles, MO
Posts: 4,604
Casino cash: $26606625
1.17 per day
Default

Just cruising at 118 for the majority - no sweat.
Blood on Blood and dberz94 like this.
__________________
2017 Lincoln Continental 3.0T

Sold: 2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (10.9 @ 133)
2008 Kawasaki ZZR600

USAF
"Aim high Airmen."
cacicgtp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #9
Primalzer's Avatar  
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,261
 
Primalzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,261
Casino cash: $70927108
5.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
They have speed limits on the autobahn. But certain sections use electronic speed limit signs that can change to match conditions. If they have road works going on you might be limited to 60-80mph. If its unrestricted they use a different sign.

Then again. Germany's road and inspection laws are way stricter then ours. And if you pass on the right and a cop sees it. You will get a ticket for it. Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.
There fines for those sorts of things are also MUCH more than they are here...I thought I had read once that its a 2000 Euro fine for distracted driving. They take driving much more seriously than we do over here.
Primalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
JeffsLightning's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: House of Power
Posts: 1,976
 
JeffsLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: House of Power
Posts: 1,976
Casino cash: $20727100
0.35 per day
Default

Video gone
JeffsLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:26 PM   #11
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Casino cash: $99768300
3.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacicgtp7 View Post
Just cruising at 118 for the majority - no sweat.
Coming back from Cordova dragway I thought I was just cruising along at slightly faster than the speed limit. When I looked down I realized I was doing 100+

Pretty much kept up the same pace from the drag strip all the way to I-80.

The ST is just so damned quiet at speed.
Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #12
093LZ's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
 
093LZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
Casino cash: $8958100
0.14 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.
bullshit, 11-701(D) everyday I work..............you get a 1/2 mile, and if you dont move, your getting paper..........It amazes me that the overwhelming majority of people on the road, shouldnt be................
SaturdaysGS and crooks like this.
093LZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #13
dberz94's Avatar
Professional Slacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Professional Slacker
 
dberz94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Casino cash: $338973
0.54 per day
Default

Yeah its gone
dberz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #14
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,261
Casino cash: $99768300
3.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 093LZ View Post
bullshit, 11-701(D) everyday I work..............you get a 1/2 mile, and if you dont move, your getting paper..........It amazes me that the overwhelming majority of people on the road, shouldnt be................
I get it if traffic is that backed up that every lane is jammed. But people sit in the left lane for no damned reason and if it was something that actually was enforced they wouldn't do it.

I've politely used my left turn signal to get them to move over, but hey, they don't look in their mirrors either. Lemmings.
Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #15
093LZ's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
 
093LZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
Casino cash: $8958100
0.14 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
I get it if traffic is that backed up that every lane is jammed. But people sit in the left lane for no damned reason and if it was something that actually was enforced they wouldn't do it.

I've politely used my left turn signal to get them to move over, but hey, they don't look in their mirrors either. Lemmings.
Agreed; but ive seen people at 3am, 4 laned expressway at 5 under the limit just sitting in the left lane. We enforce it much more than you would think, but that doesnt make up for the sheer stupidity of the majority of people driving..........Every person I stop for this violation says "I didnt know that was the law". Well, guess what, they make side streets for people like you.........

Ive seen many judges throw the ticket out because "I dont believe in this law"........

These left lane hogs are the same jags that scott's law our ass all the time. How the fuck do you not know its the law to move over when you see an emergency vehicle parked? People are stupid and its too easy to get a drivers license..........
093LZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #16
dberz94's Avatar
Professional Slacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Professional Slacker
 
dberz94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 881
Casino cash: $338973
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 093LZ View Post

These left lane hogs are the same jags that scott's law our ass all the time. How the fuck do you not know its the law to move over when you see an emergency vehicle parked? People are stupid and its too easy to get a drivers license..........
Are you talking about the one lane rule for the people pulled over on the shoulder? Cause that one is always broken, and I agree its pretty dangerous.
dberz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #17
093LZ's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
 
093LZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376
Casino cash: $8958100
0.14 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberz94 View Post
Are you talking about the one lane rule for the people pulled over on the shoulder? Cause that one is always broken, and I agree its pretty dangerous.
thats the one.............if you cant move over, you need to reduce your speed, which almost everyone does. But people think just because they reduce their speed, that they dont have to move over. When I ask people if they were out here changing their tire, how does it make you feel when someone rocks your car because they didnt move over? Then they get it.............
093LZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts