YouTube Motortrend - 2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 Camaro SS Comparo

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I think its interesting how they love the NA motors over the turbos. Yet I feel like depending on your definition of "enthusiast" some people prefer turbos more. Theres the people who like the ability to easily to tune a turbo motor for big gains and then those who enjoy the turbo lag feeling or they sound they make.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I think its interesting how they love the NA motors over the turbos. Yet I feel like depending on your definition of "enthusiast" some people prefer turbos more. Theres the people who like the ability to easily to tune a turbo motor for big gains and then those who enjoy the turbo lag feeling or they sound they make.

I'm with you. I always prefer to tune for more power and don't have an issue with some turbo lag if it makes up for it on the big end.

And I disagree about their point that smaller displacement engines with turbo use more fuel. If you daily drive it normally (3k RPM shifting) it should save you money at the pump.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I'm with you. I always prefer to tune for more power and don't have an issue with some turbo lag if it makes up for it on the big end.

And I disagree about their point that smaller displacement engines with turbo use more fuel. If you daily drive it normally (3k RPM shifting) it should save you money at the pump.

Well I can see both sides of it, but I was just saying how the video commented on how NA motors are more preferred by enthusiasts but I'm not sure how true that is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info