Any news on Jaguar XE?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
So I saw one of these on the road this week, looked really sharp. It was only the 2.0 version, but the 3.0L version with the supercharged 6 is really intriguing. Very interested in how this is going to match up against the BMW 340. [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] have you seen any of these or heard anything on how they are performing?

Right now you can build one on the site but no delivery dates. Loaded up I got one to 57K... would be an intriguing lease option if they have any incentives when it arrives.

The 2017 Jaguar XE - Premium Compact Sports Sedan | Jaguar USA

jaguar_xe_awd_location_03.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I believe the official on-sale date is May. If you're seeing one on the road I bet they're going through dealer training or something similar. It's way tiny on the inside, like more similar to a CLA or A3 sized versus the larger 3 Series or C Class. All driving related promises sound pretty stout, and that supercharged V6 is an amazing engine in everything else.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I believe the official on-sale date is May. If you're seeing one on the road I bet they're going through dealer training or something similar. It's way tiny on the inside, like more similar to a CLA or A3 sized versus the larger 3 Series or C Class. All driving related promises sound pretty stout, and that supercharged V6 is an amazing engine in everything else.

Are you sure on size? Jaguar site shows the XE at 183 inches with 111 inch wheelbase and the F30 is 182 inches 110 in wheelbase? They seem pretty close.

Jag doesn't have any interior dimensions yet except their trunk space.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Are you sure on size? Jaguar site shows the XE at 183 inches with 111 inch wheelbase and the F30 is 182 inches 110 in wheelbase? They seem pretty close.

Jag doesn't have any interior dimensions yet except their trunk space.

Yes. Cars can be big on the outside and small on the inside. Every Ford SUV, for example. Plus specs can lie. Auto shows are great for getting into all of these cars back to back and the XE was at LA last year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info