2016 Jeep Commanche Concept

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
lj19t44npgfypzlnud8m.jpg

c1.jpg

h0gcxv8wtvfdeyipzqyy.jpg

You’ve all been asking for a new compact pickup truck for years, and a new Jeep truck for at least as long. Well, they finally built one. Both actually. Here’s Jeep’s modern interpretation of the classic Comanche pickup; a Renegade with a truck bed. Oh, and it’s a diesel!

Sadly, when I say they built “one” I mean that literally. Every year around this time Jeep trots out a collection of concepts that basically represents what the design team wishes they could convince the beancounters to sell. This Comanche is one of seven design exercises we’re seeing at the 2016 Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah this month.

You can tell from the face this Comanche is based on a Renegade; but the wheelbase is actually stretched six inches to make room for a five foot bed.

That bumper on the back is a “75th Anniversary” piece for the JK Wrangler bumper, and the truck bed is is plastic with a steel plate at the bottom and steel reinforcements in the bedsides.

A 2-inch lift kit makes room for 32" BF Goodrich all-terrain tires. Under the hood is the 2.0-liter diesel engine Renegade gets for the European market, saddled to a nine-speed automatic transmission paired with Jeep Active Drive Lock terrain-selectable control. It’s got a true low-range and a locking rear differential.

As for that kickass sand color, a Fiat Chrysler representative tells us it’s called “Beige Against the Machine.”

I'd rather have a hard roof, but I'm :nutz: off this all the same

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
it looks like they were in the middle designing it and a guy walked in right around the part where they got to the middle of the car and was like "hey dont forget, its a jeep so its gotta look like an outdated military vehicle still" and then they did the roof and the back of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info