LS engine question

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
I am working on replacing the afm lifters in my isuzu ascender, basically a gnc envoy. It has the 5.3 litre vortec. First question, when I removed the head one alignment pin was on the block and the other one was still on the head. Is this correct as every motor I worked on had the pins in the block. Second question, when I unbolted the lifter tray and pulled it out the only lifters that came out with the tray was the afm lifters, the standard stayed in. Should the lifters come out with the trays or do you need to remove them after the trays are removed. Lastly I purchased a new valve lifter oil manifold. This part looks different than the old one. Does something need to be swapped over from the old one to the new one or is it a direct bolt in, also don't know the torque for this piece.

Thanks for all the help

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The dowels can be moved between the head and the block.

The lifters might come out with the trays, but might not. Either way, no biggy. I'd drill the trays for a drain on the bottom side when reinstalling.

As for the final question, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you elaborate?

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
It is the "cover" where the cover with the knock sensors is without active fuel management. This sends the oil to the lifters to shut them down. I'm on my phone so I'm not sure how to post a pic. But when googled its a VLOM.

So I don't need to reload the regular lifters back into the tray before reinstalling the tray?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SilentShado
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list