The Chicago Garage

The Chicago Garage (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/)
-   Automotive Discussions (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/automotive-discussions/)
-   -   What is the appeal of the NSX? (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/automotive-discussions/152627-what-appeal-nsx.html)

EmersonHart13 02-12-2016 08:52 PM

What is the appeal of the NSX?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw (Post 3328723)
Holy fuck, that silver is the only color I like more than the blue on the late-model NSX's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw (Post 2415035)
NSX's are probably the most riced out cars, of the few I see in person, most fall into the rice category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw (Post 2415120)
I really don't give a fuck, they're nothing special. Cool, a slow but reliable "supercar" that gets more swingers than a hairbangers ball after party.

:drums:











Just fucking with you.... lol

Outlaw 02-12-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmersonHart13 (Post 3328741)
:drums: Just fucking with you.... lol

Damn, you were bored huh?

As you can see, this car doesn't fit the rice category. Would I spent $70,000 or more on one as nice as this? Hell no, I can go a lot faster for the money. To me it's like a Supra if they were only offered N/A but had the same hype train they do. They're cool, but, relatively slow for the price you're paying. With that being said, if I wanted a slow and reliable "super car" this would be it.

10sec 02-12-2016 10:16 PM

The problem is, you don't know anything about it. You have no idea about the engineering that went into a that car. First car to below 7min at the ring. An engine with a lot of shit your american super cars don't have. Read up a bit on the NSX, you might be surprised to see it's not just a car that lacks power, it's an engineering marvel. This I dare you to do so, you'll respect it a lot more.

Mook 02-12-2016 10:18 PM

You mean sub 8? Aint no NSX running below 7 minutes..

10sec 02-12-2016 10:18 PM

That's what I meant, my bad.

10sec 02-12-2016 10:20 PM

It's like the original LFA. There's a lot of shit they went through to make that car what it is. Yes, it's very under powered. It loses races because it just doesn't have the power. But it's cool AF.

Outlaw 02-12-2016 10:25 PM

Never said they weren't cool. I've read into them, I'm not saying they're undeserving of praise, I just don't personally see the appeal. I like his because it's an '04 and in the color I like the most on those cars. You rarely see the newer ones out on the streets, the 3-4 I've ever seen were either red 94's or riced out with stance and shit that goes against any good the car had going for it.

Outlaw 02-12-2016 10:27 PM

Like this shit. If we're going to take the time to find a thread from 2012 and quote it, might as well bring the "rice" context in as well.

10sec 02-12-2016 10:34 PM

The appeal is for enthusiasts, that's the point I am making. Most can't justify the price of the car because there's a lot of cars that are a lot faster. It's a very Merican way of thinking. You can't appreciate a car like that unless you're into a car like that. You don't know the facts, you know what you read on some wiki website.

10sec 02-12-2016 10:36 PM

And, I never see them on the roads, I need to see more of them. Make it happen!

Outlaw 02-12-2016 10:40 PM

I'd say find me one with a blown motor, but that won't happen because honda.

I'd put a nice set of wheels on it and LS swap it just to hear the cries of the purists.

SinisterSHO 02-12-2016 10:42 PM

You'd buy it and make a build thread with 2 pages of plans and then sell it.

Outlaw 02-12-2016 10:46 PM

Yeah, and I'd probably make money like 9/10 of the other cars I go through. No shame in my game.

10sec 02-12-2016 10:57 PM

You can't buy one, that's why they're awesome. They're just hard enough to get a hold of to keep idiots from fucking them up. And they'll only get more expensive. I like that.

Outlaw 02-12-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328814)
You can't buy one, that's why they're awesome. They're just hard enough to get a hold of to keep idiots from fucking them up. And they'll only get more expensive. I like that.

There's still plenty of fucked up ones out there, that's what got me fired up in the first place in the four year old thread. You talk about how technologically advanced they are and how good of a track car it is, and then half the thread is filled with ones on 30 profile tires and wide body kits. Yeah, that's seeing a HPDE anytime soon :rofl:

I respect the car for what it is, I just hate when people rice them out. I think we're barking up the same tree, the only difference being you would buy one and I wouldn't unless it was cheap and I could flip it after a month.

Lead Pipe 02-12-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328790)
The problem is, you don't know anything about it. You have no idea about the engineering that went into a that car. First car to below 7min at the ring. An engine with a lot of shit your american super cars don't have. Read up a bit on the NSX, you might be surprised to see it's not just a car that lacks power, it's an engineering marvel. This I dare you to do so, you'll respect it a lot more.

I would challenge you that the C4 ZR-1 had just as much engineering but was more fun to drive. :s00ls:

SHARKBITEATTACK 02-13-2016 06:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K-bpTlZbWk

10sec 02-13-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lead Pipe (Post 3328830)
I would challenge you that the C4 ZR-1 had just as much engineering but was more fun to drive. :s00ls:

The C4 ZR1 is one of my top 5 favorite cars. Well, at least I would rather have one over an NSX. Will own one day.

EmersonHart13 02-13-2016 08:57 AM

You heard it here first folks, C4>NSX
@ilikemtb999


And just because I know @10sec is always serious :hsughlol: I just want to clarify that I understand that a regular C4 and a C4 ZR1 are VERY different cars and I am only making a lol.

10sec 02-13-2016 09:01 AM

C4 ZR1 > NSX

^^ That's my preference, others will have a different preference. Especially the owner of the NSX in this thread.

10sec 02-13-2016 09:02 AM

This guy :rofl:

:squint:

EmersonHart13 02-13-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328923)
This guy :rofl:

:squint:

:bowrofl: :nutz:

10sec 02-13-2016 09:16 AM

You ninja edited that shit.

UNCTYPE-S 02-13-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw (Post 3328780)
As you can see, this car doesn't fit the rice category. Would I spent $70,000 or more on one as nice as this? Hell no, I can go a lot faster for the money. To me it's like a Supra if they were only offered N/A but had the same hype train they do. They're cool, but, relatively slow for the price you're paying. With that being said, if I wanted a slow and reliable "super car" this would be it.

I won't get into the history of the NSX because that's what the internet is for. Someone who buys the NSX purposely for speed is buying it for all the wrong reasons is all I am going to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328794)
It's like the original LFA. There's a lot of shit they went through to make that car what it is. Yes, it's very under powered. It loses races because it just doesn't have the power. But it's cool AF.

I disagree. Underpowered now in 2016 yes but not back in its time. It's main competitor was the Ferarri 348 and even out stretched that in a straightline form however we all know this car was not meant for the 1/4. It lives and breathes the twisties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw (Post 3328799)
Never said they weren't cool. I've read into them, I'm not saying they're undeserving of praise, I just don't personally see the appeal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328804)
The appeal is for enthusiasts, that's the point I am making. Most can't justify the price of the car because there's a lot of cars that are a lot faster.

^This. In my experience with the car last summer, I realized a few things. Everyone respects it (when they know what it is). From old Model T owners, to vette owners, to lifted truck owners, they all appreciate this car for it's history into the supercar world.
Heck, I was allowed in an "all GM" car show because the guy running the show appreciated it so much.


Quote:

Originally Posted by The Italian (Post 3328816)
Jesus Jim... she's fucking gorgeous. If I were still in Chicago, I'd jerk you off for a ride in it. Hahahaha.

Haha what's up dude!? Long time. Thanks and sure thing. No handy needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHARKBITEATTACK (Post 3328870)

Ah, "Wolf". The previous owner named her that based on this movie.

EmersonHart13 02-13-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10sec (Post 3328931)
You ninja edited that shit.

nah, I think your internet is just slow. :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S (Post 3328933)
Let's keep this somewhat on topic please. I didn't intend this thread to be the NSX vs xxx. We can create a new thread for that.

Bro, it is all about the C4s


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.