Z06 Z07 Corvette 100 Hour Detail

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
thought you were detail oriented?

think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Ofm40OnDo

Think you’re obsessive with your car? The professional detailers at Esoteric Auto Detail lived up to their name, and worked on this C7 Corvette Z06 for 100 hours straight.

That’s basically four straight days of work—all distilled into this two minute, 45-second time-lapse video, or about 0.05% of the time they actually spent.

100 hours leaves this gleaming Torch Red beauty looking better than factory new. Esoteric polished the paint, applied custom Suntek paint protection, added Gyeon quartz coatings, and then installed HRE PF101 series wheels and an Akrapovic exhaust.

For a full list of what they did, click here to their website. “The absolute best-looking Corvette in existence,” says Esoteric, and we’d agree. Maybe next time you have nearly a week’s time to work on your Corvette Z06, you’ll pick up a few tips.

Can you detail a Corvette Z06 for four days straight? - VetteTV

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
This is a bit excessive
9f2d3e2021ad7b3fed5d2218e25e9850.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Maybe if somehow what they did gave the car an invisible "it'll never get dirty again" force field around the car where even rain wouldn't touch it I could understand it but that's a little excessive. I mean I've taken wheels and other random parts off cars to detail them and I've even taken seats out but that was to make things easier to do the work.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yup. Wash it once and you just introduced swirl marks. I'm all for polishing a car, but for fuck sake. It took me 8 hours to do mine because it was my first time ever doing it, that was long as fuck.

I saw them putting some kind of film on, but ya 100 hours is a joke but your 8 hours each wash/detail is a joke too, Xpel or 3M it unless you have the 100's of hours over the season to keep it nice looking.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I saw them putting some kind of film on, but ya 100 hours is a joke but your 8 hours each wash/detail is a joke too, Xpel or 3M it unless you have the 100's of hours over the season to keep it nice looking.

There are different levels of detailing. You don't have to correct the paint frequently, but when you do, it's going to take some time to wash, polish and then wax/seal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info