7 second street coyote

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This is the same guy that ran in the 8's with a stock drivetrain and a twin turbo kit, that car got rear ended, he swapped the turbo set up over and built a motor trans (powerglide) and fuel system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eIssbP1VKg

If you follow fast Mustangs, you undoubtedly know the name Justin Jordan. He was once the owner of the quickest stock-motor Coyote around, but it wasnā€™t boost or drag strip passes or even a wicked stepmother that ended that Snow Whitteā€™s run. Nope. Instead, someoneā€™s car crashed into the back of his Mustang on the street and totaled it. Undaunted Justin decided to swap many of that carā€™s good bits over to a 2014 Mustang and start over again on his quest for quick e.t.ā€™s.

The last time we saw Justin Jordanā€™s 2014 Mustang GT in action he was running over 193 mph at the Florida Half-Mile Shootout in Ocala, Florida. Since then he made a trip to Orlando Speed World and ran a 7-second pass with his street Coyote!
The last time we saw Justin Jordanā€™s 2014 Mustang GT in action he was running over 193 mph at the Florida Half-Mile Shootout in Ocala, Florida. Since then he made a trip to Orlando Speed World and ran a 7-second pass with his street Coyote!
Naturally, he didnā€™t just swap the same combination over into the newer chassis. Instead, the Nighttmare was born. ā€œThe combo is basically the same save for a few key differencesā€¦ā€ Justin said.

While you are there, you might as well upgrade a few things and Justin did just that by upgrading to an MPR Racing Engines-built long-block featuring Porting Solutions-prepped heads. The engine wears the same Hellion Power Systems Eliminator twin-turbo kit as the last car, hence the two Ts in both carā€™s monikers. However, this time around he opted for the larger 64/66mm turbos.

Justin did all the installation, swapping, wiring and tuning work himself, but he did rely on ProFab Performance Plus to bolster the factory 8.8-inch reared by welding and bracing the axle tubes. Likewise, Tig Vision welded in a chrome-moly cage. The new combo was clearly ready to run well, but even with his stock-motor combination the idea of running an elite 7-second pass was in Justinā€™s sights.

ā€œMuch to my discovery, itā€™s not easy going 7s. In my head, I thought that since I went 8.6 on the stock stuff, it couldnā€™t be that hard to knock 6 tenths off my time and get the car into the 7s. Boy was I wrong. Reality quickly set in with my factory transmission breaking not once, but four separate times,ā€ he said. ā€œThe ā€™Glide was always in the picture but I had high hopes for the 6R80 and believe the 2.73 rear gear I put in proved to be too much load for the weaker, hollow rear-planetary shaft. I snapped it not once, but three separate times with the first breakage being up in Bowling Green, Kentucky, last year for the NMRA World Finals.ā€

After setting his goal of breaking into the seven at over 170 mph, vowed to stop shaving until he achieved it. With a 7.93 at 173.25 mph in the bag, he can get out the razor again, but when we contacted him, he still had the beard.
After setting his goal of breaking into the sevens at over 170 mph, Justin vowed to stop shaving until he achieved it. With a 7.93 at 173.25 mph in the bag, he can get out the razor again, but when we contacted him, he still had the beard.
Along the way he committed to not shaving his beard until he ran the magic number.

ā€œā€¦At that point, I had been growing the beard for about a month or so and it was full steam ahead trying to get this car to the original goal of 7.x at 17x before it got too outrageous,ā€ he confessed. ā€œI still havenā€™t trimmed it yet but I believe I could have kept it going for a long timeā€”as long as it took to get the car to the 7s one way or another.ā€

Though he resisted it, that way was the move to a two-speed Powerglide transmission. Though he feared a loss in streetability, he just couldnā€™t keep a factory auto alive behind his 1,200-horsepower Coyote.

Even more impressive than running a 7 in your 2014 Mustang GT is driving it over 30 miles to work the next day, and thatā€™s just what Justin did. If that feat doesnā€™t make this a legitimate street car, we donā€™t know what does.
ā€œThe difference was really the transmission. The car always made great power but the weak link was the 6R80 and my unwillingness to give it up. It took me a few different tries to finally find the right balance on the converter for the 6R80ā€”too loose and it would burn up the pumpā€”too tight and the car wouldnā€™t have enough power to get up on the chip on the launch,ā€ Justin explained. ā€œChris (Sehorn) at Circle D was amazing to work with and let me play musical converters before finally getting it right on the third try. As soon as I got the converter right, the transmission woes showed up again and that same shaft broke for the third and final time. That was the final straw for me and I already had the Powerglide swap sitting in my garage so I went ahead and swapped them out.ā€

That swap, some cooler weather in sunny Florida and a great racing surface opened the door for Justin to achieve that goal, which he did on February 7 at Orlando Speed World in Orlando, Floridaā€¦

As incredible a feat it is to run a 7-second e.t. with such a straightforward combo, it is perhaps more incredible to drive it over 30 miles to work the next day.

To ensure that his new Powerglide setup was reliable at the track and on the street, Justin constructed this dual trans-cooler setup complete with dedicated electric fans.
To ensure that his new Powerglide setup was reliable at the track and on the street, Justin constructed this dual trans-cooler setup complete with dedicated electric fans.
ā€œā€¦ The car is raw. Thereā€™s no denying the power it makes as you can feel it just driving around, even when just cruising it. One reservation I had about going to the Powerglide was how streetable was it really going to be. To combat this, I ordered a second transmission cooler, all new lines and fittings, and fabbed up a twin transmission cooler setup,ā€ Justin explained. ā€œItā€™s a little heavier than other similar setups but it absolutely works as evidenced by the 180-degree temp going through the traps on the 7.9 pass and no higher than 150 degrees yesterday on the drive to and from work, which includes both interstate and city traffic. The rpm is a little higher than with the 6R80 when cruising at 70 but itā€™s a small sacrifice for the added reliability the Powerglide offers.ā€

Reliably running sevens in a twin-turbo Coyote is definitely worth a small sacrifice, but Justin says this ride has just begun. We expect to see this Coyote to push deeper into the sevens as he refines the combination.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The fact that you think people who work at shops are WAY more capable than other people on this planet is amazing.

Jason "built" the car in his garage. His old car, "Snow WhiTTe", went like 8.60 @ 156 with a stock motor and trans. Using the same Hellion turbo system you poo-poo'd all over in the last thread. Then when it was rear ended and totaled everything was used to swap into this car. In his garage. He is active on many forums and is a very capable guy. Obviously other people on forums are not as capable.

Scrap pile in the garage before the parts swap started. Notice there is no shop found?

2015-07-13_20-44-49.jpg

Bolt on parts. Garaged installed and maintained. Nothing special but some hard work and ingenuity.
5-7-Second-Street-Coyote.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Hey dip shit did you read that article?

Justin did all the installation, swapping, wiring and tuning work himself, but he did rely on ProFab Performance Plus to bolster the factory 8.8-inch reared by welding and bracing the axle tubes. Likewise, Tig Vision welded in a chrome-moly cage. The new combo was clearly ready to run well, but even with his stock-motor combination the idea of running an elite 7-second pass was in Justinā€™s sights.

Was that all in his garage ? Nope.....

and im the one that starts shit in these :ford: threads?

Just itching to be a fucktard huh? [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION].

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Was that all in his garage ? Nope.....

and im the one that starts shit in these :ford: threads?

Just itching to be a fucktard huh? [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION].

First installing a turbo kit in the garage isn't good enough. Then an engine install in the garage isn't good enough. Now a cage and safety equipment has to be installed in the garage too? GTF out of here. lol

What have you done again? From the sounds of your postings it seems like you have not done jack shit. I bet you have AAA come change a flat tire for you. Or does your wife or mommy do that for you?

No one is good enough for your grandiose delusions of what it means to be a garage mechanic / car guy. Which YOU don't even qualify for. :bowrofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
First installing a turbo kit in the garage isn't good enough. Then an engine install in the garage isn't good enough. Now a cage and safety equipment has to be installed in the garage too? GTF out of here. lol

What have you done again? From the sounds of your postings it seems like you have not done jack shit. I bet you have AAA come change a flat tire for you. Or does your wife or mommy do that for you?

No one is good enough for your grandiose delusions of what it means to be a garage mechanic / car guy. Which YOU don't even qualify for. :bowrofl:

Not bagging on the car or the guy or the times it runs.... just you and the bullshit claims in the last thread that it was STOCK this STOCK that when it really wasn't. And you decided to bring that drama into this thread too.

Dismissed what I highlighted in red above? Hmmm werid it was NOT all done in his garage. you just choose to nut swaing so hard you wont admit that some of the work was farmed out. Do I care no, This thing is still absurdly fast and running amazing times. However you wont hear me claim it was a piece of cake job run on stock parts built entirely in a garage like you claim.

You should pull the cock and balls from your mouth I think its blocking your vision, or maybe its because your eyes are blurry from choking on that D.

:rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Open your eyes and read. I did comment on the cage.

I commented because it is the same turbo kit as in the other thread. Where you seem to refuse to read the first post in that thread where I listed it had a...built short block. But that kit is the same kit that he ran 8.6 @ 156 with the stock trans and motor with the smaller turbos.

I have said it before and I will say it again here, Just because you see someone else doing it doesn't mean it is easy or that you can do it. In your case I SERIOUSLY doubt you could do it. :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Your right because I don't have 50k or more to sink into a car like that do you?

This one time I hurt [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION]s feels sooo bad in a different thread he still looses sleep over it and that's all he can think about so he needs to bring that into this thread too.

Whats so hard about swapping an engine and putting a turbo kit in or installing a trans or rear end?

NOTHING hmm. Weird all the fab work was FARMED OUT!!! HMMM you don't say!!

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Omg the guy didn't wed in his own cage? I don't know to many people who could/would do it. Also to weld the rear end you should use a jig. So you if you don't have the ability to weld you're not making that or welding the rear end.

Point of this is: the guy did the majority of the work himself and what he did have done 95% or better of the people who have a car that needs a cage would have someone else do.

The car hauls the mail.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There are videos of his wife driving the white car on errands and such. With no boost it should be like stock. The PG might be slightly different. But he seems to think it is streetable enough.

Modern cars can be super fast and crazy like that, but still be like driving a normal ass mustang. I personally (not hatin') would consider a car a street car if the owner can take it out on a hot, rainy, humid day. Ya know? Hey, it's 90 outside and 100% humidity, can't take the Mustang because it doesn't have AC. Thus being it's just a race car that's driven when it can be. Clearly many will disagree, and I am probably not being fair, it's just my opinion. Still can't take away from a 7sec mustang with full interior (minus the pass seat).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info