LSA/CTS-V/ZR1 Supercharger on 2010 Silverado 2500HD

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I'm still not 100% sold on a diesel paying for itself. It may, but it's kind of a crap shoot.

I found a couple of 2010 Silverado 2500HD's for a decent price. 6.0L V8, 4wd, 6 speed auto trans, etc. The problem is, I pull fairly often. Usually 10k-15k lbs on an open trailer, or an enclosed trailer. (Looking at buying a 8.5'x24' here shortly)

So, I'm not necessarily looking for more power, but more torque at a low rpm for pulling. I've seen a few places that the LSA/ZR1 superchargers can be had for cheap on ebay, so it's enticing.

Does anyone have info on completing this swap?

From what I've found, I'd need injectors.

This:
Cadillac cts V supercharger Camaro GTO LSA ZL1 LS2 LS3 LS7 LS9 LSX | eBay

This:
ls conversion brackets-LSSimpleLSA Supercharger 6 groove accessory kit lots of parts

And This:
CTSV cts V LSA supercharger Lid ZL1 | eBay

Then, a nice sized FMHE, pump, and some hoses.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
GAMNol.gif

jg 1500hd

Jan 20, 2016
You have the correct rectangular port heads (l92). One complication may be the orientation of the intake snout which is fed from the drivers side on the caddy/camaro vs the passenger on the truck. I was going to recommend looking at install instructions from edelbrock or magnusun to see if it spurs any other thoughts that they address however edelbrock doesn't have any online for this kit and magnusun has no kit. I did have to stake the main pulley to the crank when fitting an edelbrock eforce to my 03 6.0, not sure if that is still required on the 10'. The kit also included gm injectors from a 6.2. Last thing in mine I don't see here is an external coolant circulation pump and external cooler in addition to the one under the lid. Think you may just behappy with diesel if pulling a lot.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Yeah, you're probably right on the diesel aspect. Thank-you for typing that up.

I saw the TB aims towards the wrong side, but I think with some silicone elbows and connectors, I could fix that pretty easy.

Do you have an idea what power you're making? Any other mods? Do you pull much with it?

jg 1500hd

Jan 20, 2016
Not sure on numbers. Edelbrock says 348 hp and 381 lb-ft at the wheels but I haven't dynoed it. I'm just running the edelbrock provided tune as well so pretty sure there is more potential if I have it custom tuned. It is a million times better than before and a new truck but likely only on par with a new 6.2 NA. The numbers from edelbrock on the 10' 6.0 are 424 hp and 434 lb-ft which shows how much better the l92 heads flow vs the l76.

I generally only tow a rzr and a dirt bike so basically nothing. It really shines in all the mountain passes here though and being able to still do 80 in a headwind across wyoming without a care. You could do that with a diesel of course and would likely get much better fuel economy when towing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not sure on numbers. Edelbrock says 348 hp and 381 lb-ft at the wheels but I haven't dynoed it. I'm just running the edelbrock provided tune as well so pretty sure there is more potential if I have it custom tuned. It is a million times better than before and a new truck but likely only on par with a new 6.2 NA. The numbers from edelbrock on the 10' 6.0 are 424 hp and 434 lb-ft which shows how much better the l92 heads flow vs the l76.

I generally only tow a rzr and a dirt bike so basically nothing. It really shines in all the mountain passes here though and being able to still do 80 in a headwind across wyoming without a care. You could do that with a diesel of course and would likely get much better fuel economy when towing.

where in wyoming are you

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

Did you notice a drop in fuel mileage after the install? While towing or empty?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I made a snazzy little spreadsheet to try and calculate the difference in cost of gas vs. diesel...I think it's somewhat accurate. I was figuring a 6.0 GM vs a 6.0 PSD.

It's kind of fun to play with it. If fuel goes back up to $3, I'd save almost $2k a year driving a diesel unloaded at 20k miles.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I don't see how that would be possible. I just test drove a 2010, and I reset the DIC on the highway going 65, and it was right at 11.5 for about 10 miles.

I check the mileage on my 2000 every tank, and it's usually 11-12 every tank, unless I pull a lot. Sometimes it will hit 13 if I am strictly on the highway.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't see how that would be possible. I just test drove a 2010, and I reset the DIC on the highway going 65, and it was right at 11.5 for about 10 miles.

I check the mileage on my 2000 every tank, and it's usually 11-12 every tank, unless I pull a lot. Sometimes it will hit 13 if I am strictly on the highway.

i check mileage religiously as well, and used to when i was pulling boats.

i pulled a 24' open bow something or other back from near bentonville ark, for a boat i dropped off for beaver lake and i planned my trip by mapping where i'd need gas...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rou...808cc82425bf02!2m2!1d-94.2088172!2d36.3728538

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Good looking truck! I've got about 2500 miles on my 2011 6.0, 3.73, mostly highway and have been averaging about 14 mpg.

Ok last pics for a while,,, I let my wife drive it today because she was going to be running around town all day, she said so far its averaging 14.4mpg, so far thats pretty good for nothing but stop and go, im sure it will go down and average out?? Maybe, maybe not??? my other truck got 13mpg so 14 would be an improvement!! I have the tires at 77psi and it still ride like a caddy.

have a '11 Ext Cab (so the weight is off a bit but still it gives you an idea). I live in the WV mountains and town a 20' enclosed trailer 5 days a week. I drive around 100 miles a day, mostly 4 lane for 30 miles, then stop and go (I'm a bread man), then 30 miles back up the mountain. Starts out around 6-7k and ends around 4k.

Towing, I am averaging about 10.5 with 3.73 rears and factory 18" wheels.
Michelin tires. Running 60 in the front, 70 in the rear. I don't mess with the pressure as I hook/unhook the trailer every day so it just isn't worth the hassle.

I came from an '08 Ram with the 6.7 Cummins. I was only getting around 12-13 towing with it, so getting just 2mpg less, and paying 40 cents a gallon less, not to mention the lower upkeep costs, I am BEYOND happy.

Anyone Have A 2011 2500 6.0 Gasser Yet? - Page 4 - 2000-2006 & 2007-2014 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 2500HD/3500HD - GM-Trucks.com

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I can't talk from personal experience, but the local guys around here that have the GM 6.0's don't see that kind of mileage. Pulling a car, which pulls awesome, they are only getting about 10. Livestock trailers drop them to the single digits, depending on how loaded down they are. But, let me make a couple changes to the spreadsheet with your numbers to see where it ends at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info