What should I do...Sell the CV???

What should I Do

• Total voters

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
OK, I've been himming and hawing about what to do with my current CV...it's been a great car, but I need something that's a hatch, has fold down seats, or is a wagon/SUV. I've been eyeing a Fiesta ST, but since I just bought a house, I don't really want to take on a loan payment right now...I need enough space to carry a 6'6" fishing rod, and the CV just BARELY is able to do it, but it's not an ideal situation. With gas prices, mileage isn't a huge concern, but I wouldn't want to do really any worse than the CV (17-18 city/ 23-24 highway). A wrinkle has come into play, as my parents will be unloading their 2010 Ford Expedition 4x2. It has an extended warranty for another 12 months. Additionally, it realistically gets similar gas mileage as the CV :roflpicard: My parents would give me a great deal and the Expo has been very reliable. My only issue is that it's WAY more vehicle than I really want or need. The largest SUV I really would've ideally liked to go, would have been an Explorer.

Now I could sell the CV, drive the Expo for a year, and sell/trade it in on a Fiesta ST in a year or so when finances are a little more stable. Or should I go a completely different path? If I were to go something else, it would probably be a $7500 price limit, wagon/SUV/larger sedan with fold down seats, manual, and better mileage than the CV. Some stuff I've been eyeing ..Subaru's (Forester XT :nutz: ), Ford Focus wagons/5-door hatches (SVT 5-soor would be good), Ford Fusions (loved my last one), Volvo wagons/sedans (Vulva :nutz: )

What say you TCG

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
That's not sweet IMO. 2wd Expedition isn't going to be worth dick in a few years, shit 4x4 ones are cheap. As said, if you're going full size SUV and you're not getting that Expo for like $4,000, go GM. You can buy a GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon for $4,000 and it will be worth $4,000 next year if you decide to off it.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
That's not sweet IMO. 2wd Expedition isn't going to be worth dick in a few years, shit 4x4 ones are cheap. As said, if you're going full size SUV and you're not getting that Expo for like $4,000, go GM. You can buy a GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon for $4,000 and it will be worth $4,000 next year if you decide to off it.

Been looking at prices, you can't find an 2010 Expo 2WD or otherwise, for under $10K unless it has a shit load of miles on it....seems like most of the ones around 2010 are around the $12K-14K mark, with a few around $10.5 mark

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I mean, it's the price range that I'm going off of, because that's what I've got to go off of. If I'm not going with the Expo, there's almost a zero chance of me going with something as big as a GMT800, I just have zero use for something that big. The only reason I would go with the Expo, is because the deal with be good and it's got 12 months of warranty left.

Thread Info