What is the value

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Sooo I have an extremely weird situation that I was hoping to have some gearheads help me out with.

This afternoon my uncle called me and said that one of his friends had died and he had tools to get rid of. So me being a new homeowner headed over to the house to get a table saw/sawzall on the cheap. And thats when my uncle showed me this guys cars and asked if I would be able to help...

The one car is a 65 or 66 ford fairlaine coupe with a 429 auto (built up but hadn't been run in years), needs a full restoration but had new fenders installed, new hood, decent interior, plus new quarter panels to install.

The other car is a 65 SS impala convertible with a 409 (not original engine) that my dad actually bought.
IMG_0273.jpg

The other car is what I need help with determining a value if anyone has any clues.

Its a 65 mustang with a small block automatic, there are pictures below that really don't do this car justice. Overall the car is about 90% done in every area. For an example, the paint job looks AMAZING however he never finished getting the panels gaped correctly so the trunk/hood aren't aligned but all of the trim is there and rechromed and nice. The bumpers are nice and clean. Etc. Underneath there is no rust that I could see.

The suspension appears to have near control arms, bushing etc, end links etc, but the guy never tightened the bolts. The transmission appears to be recently over hauled (painted on the outside), the motor is clean on the outside (it does run and move under its own power).

I have the vin so I can tell it was originally a 289 car (5 digit a C) built in san jose california.

What else can I say to determine a value?

IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg

These are the pics I have right now, I can get more soon..

I just dont even know what its worth..

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Can't help on the value, the Hagerstown link should give you an idea on that. But the hood and stripes already say it's not original, and I doubt those provided any increase.

If the car is solid and if it was restored/repaired properly you might be able to unload it quickly. There are always guys looking for soak d foundation coupes to convert to fast backs. A guy my brother works with just sold his 3rd conversion.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Can't help on the value, the Hagerstown link should give you an idea on that. But the hood and stripes already say it's not original, and I doubt those provided any increase.

If the car is solid and if it was restored/repaired properly you might be able to unload it quickly. There are always guys looking for soak d foundation coupes to convert to fast backs. A guy my brother works with just sold his 3rd conversion.

Agreed its not adding value, they are definetly trying to unload them quick. I just think 13k for that thing is RIDICULOUSLY cheap. I would assume atleast 18-19 for trying to get rid of it quick...

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
how much rust on all the things

I only looked at each car for about 10-15 minutes. But from what I saw there wasn't any rust. On the mustang I went underneath to hook up the reverse light switch and saw all newly painted floor boards etc.

Iill try and get pics.

In regards to the bondo, I didn't check any of it for the distinguished thud. But its possible.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
bring a fridge magnet and just put it everywhere...

also are you looking to buy them or help them sell them or what?

I am just making sure my uncle doesn't sell these cars for way less than what they are worth as he knows nothing about cars. For example he was going to ask 13k for the mustang. Considering its shape I would expect atleast 15-18k.

But then again he could be right. Hence why I am here...

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Post them for sale for what U think they are worth or a tad higher for wiggle room and see if you get any action on them. If they are a good deal your phone will blow up and sell fast. If your prices are high and get low balled a few times that should usually tell you what they are worth. Sometimes your only cash offer might be your only offer you get with old cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info