Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well lets science this shit up a bit.

Exhaust coming out of the port is roughly about 1500° to 1600°. At that temperature its moving damn fast, but won't actually have that much density for its volume. The boundary layer that forms at the walls of the tube reduces friction and allows for a faster exhaust flow. As the gas cools it gets denser and you need to maintain laminar flow.

but this crap is exiting out the collectors likely still in the 1000° region. Unless they really pinch that tube its not likely going to make much difference.

Course, thanks to this video when I yank my headers off to have them coated I'll likely mark and dimple all of the spots where the spark plug boots are tight. The #7 plug wire actually touches the primary. But thankfully is insulated so prevents it from affecting the wire itself.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It was fun to watch. But I think the primary size was on the larger side for an engine of it's size and hp. A 1 5/8" header would have been large enough for a street application. If it had a 1 5/8" header and they did it I think there would have been a measurable loss. But even then it would have to be a significant dent and reduction of that primary.

I think it would have been interesting to see what effect the dents had on the temp of the gases. I would think if flow was down it would increase the temperature slightly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info