Amsoil is the best, Amsoil is the fastest.

Greg@STG

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2015
St Louis, MO
Real Name
Read
Interesting test for sure.
at -40* I wouldnt be starting anything I gave a shit about without a block heater lol

Not that this is an "Amsoil is the best" test, or even talking about the lubricity of Amsoil or any of the others, but I got to do a pretty cool test at a BG Products Demo.
They werent selling anything BUT an additive, for fuel and oil, and they pulled out a pretty cool roller bearing/pivot/torque wrench setup to demonstrate how their product worked.

Skipping past their product....LOL

After the reps demo I asked him if I could try a few different oils just to see how they really handled it. We've all seen every oil company showing how much better theirs is than everyone elses with the bearings in a cup of oil that they stack weights to to cause damage...so I figured it was a good shot to do a little independent study.

We had a bunch of "racing oil", regular mobil 1, "high zinc" shit, you name it I probably tried it. Even went and got some QT and Walmart Oil.

So how the machine was setup...
There was a small cup to hold the oil, with a roller bearing indside spun by an internal motor in the machine.
Above that was a pivton point with a torque wrench and a curved piece of stationary metal that as you pressed down on the torque wrench it would show you how much pressure was being applied to the bearing/metal.
Simple test.

Now this is all from memory so take it for what its worth as far as numbers go, but,
Mobil 1 10w30 and the metal would start squealing at about 15ftlbs and at 20-25 you could stop the motor and bearing.
Valvoline VR1 20-50 was the same way.
Everything else would squeal at about 5ftlbs and be stopped by 15 or so.

Amsoil 10w30 wouldnt even start making noise until 20-25ftlbs and would take about 40ftlbs to stop it. With their additive (BG Products if anyone cares to look it up) you were literally bending the table and worried about breaking the torque wrench trying to get it to stop.

Obviously this isnt a super scientific test for an engine because there is no pressure, the forces are different, etc... but it still demonstrates how well Amsoil works compared to others.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
sweet. i forgot how many track days i did, 8? 10? on ethanol and amsoil. blackstone said it still looked great, 10w30. i had 0w20 up to 280f multiple days, sent that in, they said it looked good as well.

i was running warmer than another brz with redline, yet i still had higher oil pressure than him with 10w30 or 10w40 as well. i have already been using it for years... in light of this, don't see myself changing any time too soon.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Interesting test for sure.
at -40* I wouldnt be starting anything I gave a shit about without a block heater lol

Not that this is an "Amsoil is the best" test, or even talking about the lubricity of Amsoil or any of the others, but I got to do a pretty cool test at a BG Products Demo.
They werent selling anything BUT an additive, for fuel and oil, and they pulled out a pretty cool roller bearing/pivot/torque wrench setup to demonstrate how their product worked.

Skipping past their product....LOL

After the reps demo I asked him if I could try a few different oils just to see how they really handled it. We've all seen every oil company showing how much better theirs is than everyone elses with the bearings in a cup of oil that they stack weights to to cause damage...so I figured it was a good shot to do a little independent study.

We had a bunch of "racing oil", regular mobil 1, "high zinc" shit, you name it I probably tried it. Even went and got some QT and Walmart Oil.

So how the machine was setup...
There was a small cup to hold the oil, with a roller bearing indside spun by an internal motor in the machine.
Above that was a pivton point with a torque wrench and a curved piece of stationary metal that as you pressed down on the torque wrench it would show you how much pressure was being applied to the bearing/metal.
Simple test.

Now this is all from memory so take it for what its worth as far as numbers go, but,
Mobil 1 10w30 and the metal would start squealing at about 15ftlbs and at 20-25 you could stop the motor and bearing.
Valvoline VR1 20-50 was the same way.
Everything else would squeal at about 5ftlbs and be stopped by 15 or so.

Amsoil 10w30 wouldnt even start making noise until 20-25ftlbs and would take about 40ftlbs to stop it. With their additive (BG Products if anyone cares to look it up) you were literally bending the table and worried about breaking the torque wrench trying to get it to stop.

Obviously this isnt a super scientific test for an engine because there is no pressure, the forces are different, etc... but it still demonstrates how well Amsoil works compared to others.

Royal purple does that test too .

I like how they took the shittyest regular oil and put it up against synthetic . I bet most regular oils would gel up too.

Lucas Oil additive in the bottle does that at about 0 degrees. You can't pour it out unless you squeeze the bottle , and it still tries to stay in the bottle

Lucas , Being at normal temperature it will bump up your oil pressure , it pretty much thickens your oil . In -40 degree weather it would probably make regular oil like tar .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info