GM LS V10 and unicorns....

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Prototype LS V10 Engine Revived

“Our GM sources says that around the time of this engine’s development, GM was looking to get into the V10 market to compete with the Ford pickup V10 and even the Dodge SRT-10 pickup. This engine we are told made 616 horsepower and 789 lb-ft of torque.”

Masters says that KC Maxx will be installing this engine into a ’64 Impala Two Door for the Kansas City World of Wheels Show. That car he says was nothing special like an SS or special package, and when KC Maxx acquired it, was already set up for an LS3 swap.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Everybody knows 12 cylinders is where it's at

Surprised that route wasn't taken instead, you know like the old school Detroit V12s which were kinda like 2 6es sandwiched together.

That being said All the LS fanbois will be all :nutz::gfight: over this. I will say it'd be awesome to push the traditional CNC programs on to the 10 cyl heads and see what they can really do, and how good or not good they did on the intake design. Cams may kinda suck though, I think the modulars would have the win on that except for the fact that I thought they were really lift limited. Not like you need as much with 3V or 4V heads theoretically.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
GM made a v16 ls motor but it was a one off for a cadillac prototype. It was tested in a tahoe with a stretched front end.

cadillac-sixteen-concept-v-16-engine-feature-car-and-driver-photo-88813-s-450x274.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info