When will this gay fad pass over?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007

My thoughts summed up in the words of a reddit user..

Stance by it's nature is counter competitive. Stance is for guys that can't race, aren't good at sports, etc. They weren't good at competing with things that involved effor, or skill.. so they invented a "movement" that allowed them to buy their way in and up. Cruise control for cool. Their achievements are buy things not widely available or just being anti-conformist in the most conformist possible way. They're the goth kids on South Park. Their exhibitions are driving over dips in the pavement. Seriously, look that shit up. they had to elevate their dumbassery into a "movement" , "scene" , and "lifestyle" in an attempt to make it beyond reproach. Same reason they claim it's a form of self-expression but they never have anything profound to say. "Hater" is a way to defuse detractors as people that are jealous or "just don't get it". They use the term for the same reason they stance. They're unable or unwilling to ever compete with people in a real sense, because there's a risk of failure. Stancers won't argue. Read the threads, it's kind of fascinating. It's always "sure, whatever bro" and "stance makes em dance". It's the kids that never got picked for kickball making their own game and crying to the teacher when the bigger boys tell them that butt diddling isn't a sport. They are all the best at their made up sport and can all claim to be the "illest". This is what you get when you give participation trophies to everyone.

Thoughts?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I just feel like t his whole scene is garbage and pointless.

Not only is it unsafe in various aspects of it literally dragging on the road to the point he almost gets in an accident in the video, but the tire wear, accelerated wear of suspension parts, less contact patch on the road therefore unable to avoid accident(s) as quickly, the obvious lack of safety in the interior due to all the sharp and jagged edges.

It's not gonna make a good daily driver and it's really not going to be any good on any kind of track.. so what is the point of these abominations? Why do these people get respect for destroying cars? Am I missing something?

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
stance (urban dictionary)
(verb) - to adjust a car's camber, ride height, and spacing, so that the sidewall of the tire sits as flush as possible with the fender/quarter panel. A common trend and style impersonated on drift and show cars alike, originating from the older Japanese domestic market.

my take exactly:picard:
stance
To destroy a cars handling abilities by having it lowered an excessive amount. Typically, the tires are tucked way inside the vehicles fenders. But in order to have a hellaflush stance and run the required excessively wide wheels with tires that are stretched just to fit onto the wheels, the car has to have an excessive amount of negative camber. If you stand behind one of these cars don't be surprised to see the rear tires looking like "/ \". The rear tires are probably bald on the inside and the outside still looks brand new, and there's probably only an inch of contact patch with the ground. A hellaflush stance car can't even pull into a driveway without bottoming out and ripping the bumper off or cracking the vehicles oil pan. Some stanced cars are so extreme that you can't even turn the vehicles steering wheel fully in either direction without the tires rubbing.

This being said having a ride that is in the stance scene my thoughts are it can be done tastefully and still have a properly functioning ride.
am2xbo.jpg

2pts3gl.jpg

s43ub8.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
stance (urban dictionary)
(verb) - to adjust a car's camber, ride height, and spacing, so that the sidewall of the tire sits as flush as possible with the fender/quarter panel. A common trend and style impersonated on drift and show cars alike, originating from the older Japanese domestic market.

my take exactly[emoji14]icard:
stance
To destroy a cars handling abilities by having it lowered an excessive amount. Typically, the tires are tucked way inside the vehicles fenders. But in order to have a hellaflush stance and run the required excessively wide wheels with tires that are stretched just to fit onto the wheels, the car has to have an excessive amount of negative camber. If you stand behind one of these cars don't be surprised to see the rear tires looking like "/ \". The rear tires are probably bald on the inside and the outside still looks brand new, and there's probably only an inch of contact patch with the ground. A hellaflush stance car can't even pull into a driveway without bottoming out and ripping the bumper off or cracking the vehicles oil pan. Some stanced cars are so extreme that you can't even turn the vehicles steering wheel fully in either direction without the tires rubbing.

This being said having a ride that is in the stance scene my thoughts are it can be done tastefully and still have a properly functioning ride.
am2xbo.jpg

2pts3gl.jpg

s43ub8.jpg
This is different. I'm talking about the guys running massive camber, a third of the tire on the road. These are okay

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
This is different. I'm talking about the guys running massive camber, a third of the tire on the road. These are okay

Wtf are you talking aboyt . Those pictures of cars are complete stance. That bmw . That Wagon . Cambered , stretched tires . I'm stopping now please lock thread . Slow buick is complaining about stance but some are "ok" to him .

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Those slammed vans already exist in california (another reason California should fall into the ocean). We need to stop the gay before it spreads to the midwest.

Also this line from the reddit article made me chuckle
"It's the kids that never got picked for kickball making their own game and crying to the teacher when the bigger boys tell them that butt diddling isn't a sport." :rofl:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
To each their own, but when you pose a danger to yourself and others, it pisses me off. I don't want a wheel in my windshield or chunks of pavement sprayed at me. Whenever I see a shitbox like that, it makes me wish we had inspections in Illinois.

There is a big difference between a few degrees of functional negative camber and the obnoxious, look at me I want to be different, mentally retarded camber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info