circle d converters

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I would at least call circle d and ask them which stall to use , based on where your hp and torque curve hit through the power band.

The 4c is the ticket on these new mustangs for my application, full na cars run the 5c and blower cars run the 3c but for my hp level the 4c is going to be perfect I've already discussed it with a couple shops

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They have a fixed price that includes shipping now. They are very strict with their dealers selling that at their retail price. So unless you have a buddy that is willing to sell it below their price, you are probably not going to find anyone selling them cheaper. I ordered mine with free shipping as well as beating the price increase.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
They have a fixed price that includes shipping now. They are very strict with their dealers selling that at their retail price. So unless you have a buddy that is willing to sell it below their price, you are probably not going to find anyone selling them cheaper. I ordered mine with free shipping as well as beating the price increase.

on the websight they want to charge me 72 dollars for shipping ontop of the 1200, I may contact beefcake and see if he will cut me a cash deal or something, 1200 just seems crazy for a converter to me

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yup, a good converter isn't cheap.

Chris Sehorn on FB Circle D fan page said:
Want to let you guys know about our price structure changes for 2016. Converter prices will increase $50 each and include shipping. Total price remains about the same, making it easier for our customers.
Example -
- How much is that badass multi disk converter?
- $1250 shipped

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
For the 2015 I got a Circle D. Which at least has a triple disk lock up. The one in my Capri was like the same price. Yet it didn't have lock up and was way too loose for the car. So figure for your money you are getting a converter that has value. lol

i meant what one 4c 5c, what chu doing with that car lol, im surprised it dosent have a turbo hanging off it yet

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
on the websight they want to charge me 72 dollars for shipping ontop of the 1200, I may contact beefcake and see if he will cut me a cash deal or something, 1200 just seems crazy for a converter to me

A buddy had a fb group message with Chris @ Circle D. We offered to buy 3-5 converters and Chris offered us $1200 & free shipping. The same quote I had already gotten from BeefCake for buying just one converter. This was also before they raised the price to 1250 with the shipping included.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i meant what one 4c 5c, what chu doing with that car lol, im surprised it dosent have a turbo hanging off it yet

oh, I went with the 4C. That is what Circle D and BeefCake recommended. A couple guys said go strait to a 5c with the Cobra Jet intake. But not sure what I am doing yet. I am also not drag racing this car much so I am not concerned about every last hundredth of a second ET.

I have not commited to any power mods yet. Just suspension and the converter so far. I still want to buy another big power car. So I am trying to keep the budget under control with the Mustang. But who knows what might happen in the future...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
oh, I went with the 4C. That is what Circle D and BeefCake recommended. A couple guys said go strait to a 5c with the Cobra Jet intake. But not sure what I am doing yet. I am also not drag racing this car much so I am not concerned about every last hundredth of a second ET.

I have not commited to any power mods yet. Just suspension and the converter so far. I still want to buy another big power car. So I am trying to keep the budget under control with the Mustang. But who knows what might happen in the future...

nice, just ordered a 4c from beefcake

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have lca's, upper control arm and mount, pan hard rod, and the front sway bar removed, in the summer it hooked great spraying it out of the hole, when it was 40 out I had to drop the tire pressure down to 16 and do a pretty massive burnout but it dead hooked spraying out of the hole as well once i figured that out, I think those pro's are the way to go on a auto coyote, I was at the track with another guy that had a 4c and he was pulling 1.5-1.6 60's on 26" tall et streets as well I dont know what suspension stuff he had though

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Go with a turbo 350-400 or glide. Freakshow sells converters for $320 free shipping and first reflash free. Excellent costumer service as well.

I am sure he would love to swap a non overdrive trans, non lock up converter into his 2011+ Mustang. Lol

I've only ever had one Circle D, I wasn't a fan of it. I pulled it and sold it. I like Ultimate,Yank and Vig. The Ultimate I had, was a 4000 and it drove like a 3600 until I put steam into and it was an animal.
None of those companies make a converter for a Ford. I looked at the yank converter for $800. There isn't much info on their site as to what makes up their converter. But their power adder converter is good for 650 rwhp. The Circle D is good for over 800rwhp in lock up. Circle D is one of only a few converter companies that makes a converter for the 2011+ GT. They have a very good reputation as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info