Am I the only one...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
no, what's the benefit of that

Emotional validation?

It's like I'm pretty sure I got a good deal but I just want to make sure. So I keep checking my feeds and Autotrader just to see if maybe there was an even better potential deal to be had.

I've done it with pretty much every car I've bought for the last five years. It's just confirmation that I got the great deal I thought I got.

But yeah, no benefit whatsoever. :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
People do this with homes all the time. I tell them I'm going to stop their home search once we have executed a contract and they ask me to leave it running. I point out that the market may go up or down and don't blame the Realtor if they see any better prices. If they do see prices that make them feel good, however, I get the credit.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That still shops for the car they bought after they bought it just to make sure they got a great deal?

I find myself still checking my Tesla feeds every day and trolling Autotrader for new listings.

I do this with every car I get.

I did it with the G6, I did it with the Focus ST.

And I swear monthly I consider selling or parting the GTA to fund a different project. But never really get to the selling bit.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Didnt do it w/ my focus. I dont need that stress :rofl: I know i probably didnt get the BEST deal, but I was perfectly happy with the deal I got, so whats the point of looking around afterwards. No point in going around 2nd guessing yourself. Unless youre a huge impulse buyer, you should've already done your homework and shopped around for the best deal. Same goes for anything I buy. Especially electronics :rofl: If you look around 2 days after you buy something you'll always find a better deal :rofl:

Didnt do it w/ my focus. I dont need that stress :rofl: I know i probably didnt get the BEST deal, but I was perfectly happy with the deal I got, so whats the point of looking around afterwards. No point in going around 2nd guessing yourself. Unless youre a huge impulse buyer, you should've already done your homework and shopped around for the best deal. Same goes for anything I buy. Especially electronics :rofl: If you look around 2 days after you buy something you'll always find a better deal :rofl:

To learn from mistakes if you find out you did something wrong after a purchase of some sort :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info