Beater until talon is complete...

So I'm looking for a cheap daily, for the most part I just want a beater w/heater, but I am fairly picky just seeing if I am forgetting any cars that are neat for cheap. Mostly looking at 80/90's sport compacts/etc... Any suggestions? Budget is around $1000.

Taking a look at an MKIII Supra Thursday, overall they seem reliable outside of the headgasket, which was a factory torque spec error...

I am not saying this to sound rude. That being said, maybe
look for something less sporty and more cheapy? Toyota sedans,
Honda Sedans, Saturns, old Pontiac, etc.

Mook read my mind.

Plenty of folks overseas with me that bought some nice looking Mercedes, Bmw's, Fiat's,
and Alfa Romero's with some mileage on them and they have head gasket issues and all
kinds of stories. Meanwhile I am rocking it out with a much old and not so much of a looker
1998 Toyota Corolla and I have zero problems. Maybe I am lucky or maybe when I looked
for a beat that I wont be able to keep....I looked at making a smart decision instead of
fitting in with spending thousands of dollars on a beater that you can only keep either
two or three years depending on how long your are slated to be in Italy.

Yeah I know the normal sedans, would most likely be the smarter buy, however with the amount I'm spending if it fails I am out a few hundred, plus some parts could be sold to make up the loss. I also feel selling something like a supra would be easier, and hold value better or maybe even increase in value since the 80/90's sports cars are becoming more popular and are getting harder to find. I do understand that parts would be less available though, as I own a 1g dsm and oem parts are nearly non existent at this point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Lights Out Chitown
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list