Vehicle autonomy is going a little too far.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
So now there's cars that drive themselves (Tesla) , various cars that park themselves (Lexus brought that into the mainstream years ago) and now Ford has this thing that backs up your trailer for you. This goes hand in hand with all of the cameras whether they be front, side, or backup cameras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tby3A29osDg

Seriously?

Am I the only one who thinks this stuff is getting a bit ridiculous?

I understand that it reduces the likelihood of accidents happening and is genuinely helpful, but I feel that these things are making people complacent and ignorant behind the wheel. What kinda man can't back his own trailer?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I have a hard time understanding why people embrace doing things a harder, less efficient way for nothing more than bragging rights. As if it's some badge of honor to say you worked harder to accomplish the same goal even though it wasn't necessary and you didn't get anything extra for it.

For the same reason I loved the half way engaged stability control on my BMWs for making me a better driver than I was, I like this for making something that's a pain in the butt (even if you're good at it) a lot easier.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It's like the auto parallel parking feature. I can parallel park with the best of em, and have to living in the city. I'll use the auto park feature every damn time I'm in an equipped car. It works so perfectly and painlessly, why the hell not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info