Question pertaining to a lemon law car buy back

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
Currently going through the buy back process with our 2015 Explorer Sport. It sucks but hey, I feel like so far things are going smooth.

My question is- Can I haggle the price of the replacement vehicle.. I didn't pay msrp on the original but Is that option allowed during a buy back?? Right now I'm looking at 2,295$ difference between the 2015 we are giving up for the 2016 we chose..
Ford is crediting us full sticker price on the 15. I feel like as good faith I shouldn't be expected to pay full price on the replacement .

Has anyone been down this road or have experience?? I feel over my head and my wife who thinks ford should be giving us everything under the sun isn't being reasonable IMO..

Thanks. <rubs forehead>

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
[MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION]-
The 2015 had a reoccurring CEL for a camshaft sensor... To access the sensor a one time use high pressure fuel line needs to be removed. That fuel line is on "infinite backorder" any that were aqquired by ford were earmarked for new production.
A new engine was tossed around as an option but after being contacted by ford corporate they decided to replace / buy us out of the car

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
Thanks.. The dealer says another 2-3 weeks on the paperwork. This all started 1st week of October. Been in a 2016 Expidition through Enterprise, gotta be costing the dealer close to a G a month..
I know they just pass it on to corporate but Dayum

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'd say you did pretty well if ford gave you the entire purchase price back.

A guy I work with had his 2014 Jeep Cherokee bought back. After a lot of issues within the first 10 months of owning, it qualified for a buyback under the lemon law. He had to fight to get what he wanted. I guess Jeep prorated the buyback of the car based on age and mileage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info