a turbo 4 cylinder 4 door camaro......

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
ohhh yeah gm already makes one its called the ats..... :rofl:

here's where im going with this. i cannot wait for the aftermarket to pick up on the 2.0t engine in the camaro much like it has with the ecoboost mustang.

reason why i care is the ats and camaro share same platform also. so that should make the ability of bastardizing better swaybars brakes and aftermarket support on the cheap used ats pretty simple for example.

used cadillac ats 2.0t go for low 20k with multiple on ebay

a bastardized poor mans ats v with better robbed brakes sways and whatever else the aftermarket supports stuffed in a 20k 4 door caddilac :fy: count me in!!!

the engine already makes like 272hp and 295 tq in the ats toss some e85 at it hope the aftermarket picks up a bit i think 330hp/400tq pretty much what my cammed e85 m90 3800 v6 junk makes would be easily doable.

share same chassis check
share same engine check its the ltg ecotec
4 door space since i have 2 kids check
sub 25k entry price check

not going to be an all out beat everything on the street race car but for something like all those modded turdy800 wbody shit cans a lot of us love this should be the next step for a fun daily driver.....

so CMON! 4 cylinder turbo camaro aftermarket!!! :rofl:

i know there is some support for this engine available now but i expect it to grow with the 6th gen camaro.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Here ya go
d73ddf98fcfad7c0945ffe115e3ace68.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I had to look that up to believe it. Holy crap, these things can't hold their value at all.

this is what i was getting at obviously didnt mean a fucking 4 door camaro :rofl:

was just a thread title because they share platform and turbo 4.

fuck the atsv too expensive.

330-350whp and around 400 wtq would be out fucking standing in a lightly modded 4 door ats.

they are cheap to find used hence why i said i hope the aftermarket picks up more too.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
The regular ATS is a pile of shit

Ask me how I know

How do you know? I'd honestly like to know the pro's and con's of one of these with the 2.0T

Given the nose dive in the resale value, I don't doubt you I'd just like to know whats common and what you don't like about them.

When I was looking at them on ebay
1st I thought hey them dropped in price fast.
2nd hmm isn't that same engine as the 6th gen Camaro?
3rd hmm isn't that same platform as the 6th gen Camaro?

That's why I made the post in the 1st place, yes I know some after market support is a available but again given the entry price of low 20k used I'd sure like to know more about them. I have never personally been drove one or even been in a 2.0T ATS.

stan5050

Regular
Apr 5, 2014
Canton MI
In general, it seems like a good idea and something I would consider but the ATS is a horrible car like syP said. It feels cheap, fuel economy is pretty bad for what it is, CUE system is beyond frustrating, transmission isn't good, and I would be a little scared upping the boost or doing too much as a lot of the 2.0T were having piston issues with small mods.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
:thinking:

Right I figured the 2.0T would be decent if its going to be in the Camaro too. I had hoped that this would be a decent option to do some simple mods on a cheap used Cadillac.

I could give 2 shits less about the CUE system ill replace it and I don't need navi anyways. There has to be an aftermarket headunit or something available if its really that bad.

3.6 has been around for a while and I havnt heard much about that engine but it wouldn't be as mod friendly as a turbo engine.

I havnt drove any so I guess I'd still like to drive a 2.0T and see. Also modding Rule #1 applies here. THY SHALL FIX OWN SHIT. Unless its assploding engines or transmissions the rest of the crap I could deal with. I think just the low 20k for enty price is whats most appealing for a good looking 4 door.

Anyone got any idea what else to compare the ATS to for a decent mid 20K 4 door that has at least some sort of aftermarket? Different market but should be same price ballpark thoughts on the 4 door Focus ST? Im sure the RS is way out of price range until those come up used too.

I'd like to get a different daily driver and just keep the turbo caged wbody trash can as the toy for now.

Since I am closing on a house that's about 10 miles out of town now and looking at getting a job that's 90 miles away 1 direction a solid daily driver may have to take priority over driving modded GP daily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info