VW issues 2011 GTI

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Buddy is having some issues with this car. 2011 GTI with 50k miles

Came up with cyl misfire and fuel pressure issues.
Dealer states #3 coilpack and the HPFP is to the tune of like 1000 bucks.

I look up on the forums and there is just tons of accounts of people getting water pumps, HPFP, coilpacks all done before like 50k miles. Are they really this bad?

Then the dealer writes up everything else wrong with it on a 50k 4 year old car.

:picard:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
volkswagen :mamoru:

i believe the coil issue. they're pretty common on that garbage. do these cars still have the cam follower for the hpfp? those usually wear out around that mileage.

all that other stuff (besides the battery, which is probably almost 5 years old now) is most likely bullshit.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Supposedly they fixed it so you don't have to replace the camshaft if you let the cam follower go too long.. People talk about replacing those as soon as every 10-20k miles on the modified ones.

People on that forum talk like this is normal matinenance.. I just see a huge pile of crap. Multiple posts of saying replacing control arm bushings at 50k is normal. Water pumps as often as every 40k miles.. it just goes on and on.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
yeah, i dont know why anyone would buy one of these shitboxes. they must not read anything online about them before purchase.:rofl:
if the cam follower goes for too long it will wear down the cam lobe and put extra stress on the rear chain/guide setup. long oil change intervals and the fact these burn oil right off the showroom floor speeds the whole process up.
chances are it's just the follower, but it's a shitty toss up. i've done a handful of HPFPs assemblies on these 2.0t engines too...

$4500 of service on a car with 50k miles on it is a joke. he could fix the coil and fuel pump himself and dump that turd before it costs him any more money.

edit: ah, no more follower on the new ones. just design it so you have to replace the whole unit! gg volkswagen. :roflpicard:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I've had mine two years and had an injector replaced under recall for $0 and got a check for $402 to cover my rental car. Those prices are steep but are dealer prices. The coil packs can be upgraded with R8 coil packs for less than what the dealer wants for 2.0T ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info