What happened to Nissan?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
What The Hell Has Happened To Nissan? - Speedhunters

The saddest thing of all is that within the last couple of years Nissan has shown glimmers of hope only to quickly extinguish them. Last year there was the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Concept – a sports sedan with the heart of the GT-R that felt like a no-brainer. And it seemed like it was going to happen until Infiniti’s VP recently confirmed its cancellation – expense being the reason why.

What are your guys thoughts? They have hinted at fun cars that aren't the GT-R but cancelled. Why is it that Ford can make fun FWD cars and yet japan can't?

Been saying this for a while but they put it all together in a much better article then I could do.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You and me have had this discussion before...Nissan blows now. They are the new Toyota. Nothing inspiring, all safe.

I would not be shocked if they cancel the GTR...I mean they keep pushing it off with no real announcement in site...

Did they have a changing of the guard or something?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I would have bought the IDX if they would have made it. They said they were going to and then they dumped it.

They even have relatively nice looking cars like the new Maxima but then saddle them with CVT transmissions and yet another variation of the tired VQ.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Build this. I buy.

images

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
yeah its depressing to see Nissan these days. Considering its roots, pretty embarrassing all the boring appliances they offer, GT-R aside. They have fallen way behind. Cant keep refreshing the VQ engine from 1995.... I'd like to see the new 3.0TT be used more, but since Mercedes Benz builds it, that cant be a cheap engine.

They need a small RWD two door, affordable, manual option, not $50K like the 370... Retro turbo I4 240SX would be sick.

RWD or RWD-biased AWD Maxima. Manual option.

Nissan had some of the coolest commercials ever back in the 90s. Now its all CGI, cant even film the real car, its so lame. They need their old marketing department back now.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Does anybody actually enjoy the CVT they use?

I am still loving the, so far still bulletproof, family 1997 Infiniti I30. Even though
it is a rebadged Maxima, I am still enjoying it. Only issues are some gremlin
electronics ever since it got slammed in the rear so bad a new rear clip was in order.

I mean my 1996 Maxima was super reliable. that was when nissan overbuilt their cars almost into bankruptcy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info